- 9 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 11 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 12 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 13 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Driving or riding on the wrong side of the road is a common traffic offence in India. Interestingly enough, the 'right side' is the wrong side of Indian roads. We have come across a lot of instances in which driving on the right side of the road has proved detrimental.
Now, wrong-side driving can land you in jail.
In order to curb the wrong practice of driving, Pimpri Chinchwad Police has started registering a criminal case against such offenders. The criminal case will be registered under section 279 (rash driving) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). If found guilty, the person at fault can be fined for Rs 1,000 or can be imprisoned for up to six months.
The Pune Police is also planning to follow the same practice.
The Pimpri Chinchwad Police has already booked 19 vehicles including both two-wheelers and three-wheelers. The offenders were booked under section 279 of IPC and the police have filed a charge sheet against them.
Many people on Indian roads opt to drive on the wrong side to save time or to cut the travel distance. However, a person puts his and others' lives at risk by doing this.
Driving on the wrong side of the highway can be extremely dangerous; especially when the oncoming traffic carries high speeds.
The situation becomes even worse at night. Some drivers/riders use high beam and distracts or blinds the oncoming traffic.
Despite the risk involved, people still prefer to go on the wrong side to save some time; forgetting the chances of them colliding with oncoming traffic.
So, think twice before you drive on the wrong side of the road.
Thoughts On The New Rule
It is good to see the authoritiestake stern action against people driving on the wrong side of the road. We expect other state police departments to follow the same to curb this ill driving practice.