- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 2 hrs ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- 4 hrs ago Osmania University Students Build Formula Race Car From Scratch — Powered By A 390cc Engine?
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Hardtop Spotted: Spy Pics And Details
- Sports Senior Indian cricketer under scanner for flouting 'family clause' during World Cup
- News PM Modi pays tribute to Sheila Dikshit at her residence
- Movies Former Delhi CM Sheila Dixit Passes Away; Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar & Others Offer Condolences
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Technology Portronics ‘Power Wallet 10K: Travel Organizer With Built-in 10,000mAh Power Bank
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Previously, we had reported about the partnership between Maruti Suzuki and Toyota to supply vehicles. Now, Toyota has stated that it will localise the production of Maruti Vitara Brezza and Baleno to make them price competitive.
As per the agreement, Maruti Suzuki will supply Vitara Brezza and Baleno to Toyota and Toyota will supply the Corolla Altis sedan to the Indian automaker. Both the firms will sell rebadged Brezza, Baleno and Corolla Altis in the Indian market.
Vice President of Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Atsushi Oki said that the company is still working on the changes to be brought in the Vitara Brezza and the Baleno. He also said that in the course of time more details will be revealed on how the final products will be rolled out.
Speaking about the launch of the Toyota-badged Vitara Brezza and Baleno, Atsushi Oki said that the details of each model such as the schedule of the start of the supply will be considered at a later stage. Last week, both the companies agreed to expand the partnership by discussing new projects.
Apart from Maruti Suzuki and Toyota selling rebadged products in India, both the companies are also looking at the export markets. Both the automakers are expected to export products developed by Suzuki, which also includes vehicles produced by Toyota Kirloskar Motor. The vehicles will be exported to Africa and other markets through its global sales network.
Oki stated that the partnership is a new beginning of relationships and it is also a platform to learn new things for both the companies. Apart from producing rebadged vehicles, the collaboration will also work in other fields such as environmental technology, safety technology and information technology.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki And Toyota Partnership
The Japanese auto giants Suzuki and Toyota have agreed to supply vehicles to sell in the Indian market. Toyota will benefit through retailing affordable products such as Vitara Brezza and Baleno while Maruti Suzuki will get a premium sedan. Details of the launch are still not revealed, but we expect the new products to hit the roads by 2019.