- Tata 45X Hatchback Spotted Testing In India — Interior Revealed
- Tata Nexon Gets Apple CarPlay With The Latest Software Update
- Tata Nexon Global NCAP Crash Test Results Revealed — Gets Four-Star Safety Rating
- Tata Harrier SUV Spotted Again — Gets New Alloy Wheels And Bridgestone Tyres
- Tata Winger 15-Seater Launched At Rs 12.05 Lakh With Individual AC Vents And Push Back Seats
- Tata Harrier To Use Hyundai’s Six-Speed Automatic Gearbox
Sources from the company, however, have mentioned that Tata will still provide after sales service to all current owners of the vehicles. Currently, only the last few stock cars in dealerships are being sold.
According to the Indian Society of Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), the sales and production numbers of the Indica and the Indigo has reduced since April 2018.
According to the data, Tata Motors sold just compact sedan 2,583 and 1,756 units of the Indica and Indigo respectively during the complete 2018 fiscal year. However, there has been no production of either cars since April 2018.
Tata Motors though have recorded a growth of 22 percent compared to the last fiscal year. This is mainly due to the strong sales of its Nexon, Hexa and the Tiago offerings. The carmaker has sold 1,86,321 units in April 2018.
A Tata spokesperson stated, "With the changing market dynamics and the evolution of Tata Motors design language towards impactful design, we have decided to phase out the Indica and the Indigo eCS, a common phenomenon in a product lifecycle."
The Tata Indica was first launched back in 1998. The model, since then has been one of the best-selling cars for the company.
The Indigo, based on the Indica hatchback was launched later in 2002. This car was also received well and known for its compact yet spacious design.
Thoughts On Tata Indica and Indigo Production
Tata Motors is all set to launch new models into the market. They recently launched the AMT version of the Nexon offering, while the H5X has been spotted testing multiple times ahead of its launch.
With the company looking at introducing new a number of new models in India soon, it makes sense to concentrate on production of high-selling models.