- 9 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 14 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 110 ABS Model Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 65,920
- 14 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch: Comes Slideways Ready!
- Movies Kunchacko Boban-Nayanthara Duo's Nizhal Gets A Release Date?
- News Samyukta Kisan Morcha seeks judicial probe into Republic Day violence
- Sports India vs England: 'You can try your luck sometimes': Pant explains reverse-sweep that stunned Anderson
- Technology Redmi Note 10s, Redmi Note 10 5G Gets BIS Certification; Might Arrive Under Poco Branding In India
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Rules That You Need To Follow When Observing A Fast
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Education Karnataka BEd Result 2021 Declared At schooleducation.kar.nic.in
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
Renault is working towards introducing the electric version of the Kwid in India. The Renault Kwid has been one of the best-selling cars for the French automaker in the country. Although there is no specific timeline, Renault is expected to bring the Electric Kwid to India in a few years time.
The Renault Kwid electric once introduced in the Indian market is expected to be priced around the Rs 6 lakh, ex-showroom range. The car will then compete directly with the Mahindra E2O.
The team of engineers who developed the Kwid in Indiahave already gone to China to aid the development of the hatchback's electric version. The Chinese engineersare expected to offer their expertise in the battery and battery-management system for the new electric Kwid.
The Renault Kwid is currently one of the cheapest cars in the Indian market. The Kwid hatchback is currently offered with two petrol engine options: an 800cc and a 1.0-litre power unit. Both the engines come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. While the 1.0-litre variant also comes with the option of an AMT transmission.
ET Auto sources confirmed the news, stating, "The basic architecture - the CMF-A (platform), has been developed in India; the Chinese counterparts are going to bring in their battery and battery-management system expertise into the project. The vehicle is likely to hit the Chinese market in 12-18 months. So, it is only a matter of time before the electric Kwid comes to India."
They further added, "Once the Kwid electric is made in China, there was no reason why it should not be exported to India, Brazil and the Middle East".
Sumit Sawhney, MD, Renault India, stated, "You have to bring the right product to the market. Today, 40% of the cost of an electric vehicle is the battery. Localisation is the key factor if one has to make the value proposition for the consumer attractive.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Electric
Renault has already announced its 2022 global roadmap, which will see the company bring their electric vehicles to India. Globally, the Renault-Nissan alliance is also working on launching a number of electric vehicles in international markets. The French carmaker, though, is waiting on clarity on the Indian government's policy to bring in electric vehicles into the country.