- 15 min ago New Maruti Suzuki Premium Six-Seater MPV Spied — To Be Called The ‘XL6’
- 16 min ago Delhi Police Launches E-Challan And E-Payment System — Traffic Violators Beware
- 16 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- News Pak PM Imran welcomes Trump's offer of mediation on Kashmir, says it won't be resolved bilaterally
- Movies Dabangg 3: Arbaaz Khan REVEALS Details About Saiee Manjrekar's Role In This Salman Khan Film
- Finance Yes Bank Shares Fell After Promoters Pledge Their Entire Stake At Bank
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani Gives Us A Jaw-dropping Moment With Her Red Lehenga At FDCI India Couture Week 2019
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Featuring 120Hz AMOLED Display Announced: Features, Specs, And More
- Sports Fekir departs Lyon as Betis secure potential Lo Celso replacement
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
The ASEAN NCAP has revealed the crash test results for the Renault Kwid. The Indonesia-spec Renault Kwid has scored zero-star safety rating in the latest crash tests. The Renault Kwid sold in the Indonesian market is manufactured in India.
The Renault Kwid received an overall score of 24.68 points from three categories. In the Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) the crossover hatchback scored 10.12 points out of 36 points. The Kwid scored just 14.56 points for the Child Occupant Protection (COP) out of 49 points.
The Renault Kwid scored zero points in the Safety Assist Technologies (SAT) category. The ASEAN NCAP (New Car Assessment Program for Southeast Asian Countries) consider 50 percent of the AOP ratings and 25 percent each of the COP and SAT ratings to give the car an overall score.
The Renault Kwid used for the crash test is equipped with driver's side airbag. The absence of other safety features such as ABS, electronic stability control, seatbelt reminder, blind spot warning, autonomous emergency braking and collision warning system resulted in zero points in the SAT category.
The Renault Kwid has been tested by NCAP in the past and it scored zero stars in the tests conducted in May 2016. After the safety update, the crossover hatchback managed to score one-star rating in September 2016. But in November 2017, the Brazil-spec Kwid scored a three-star rating in the tests conducted by LATIN NCAP.
The India-spec Renault Kwid also gets only driver's side airbag and pretensioner and load limiter and that too it's offered only on the top-spec model. It's high time that Renault should work on improving the safety features of the Kwid and provide a safe car for the customers.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Crash Test Results
In the latest crash tests conducted by the ASEAN NCAP, the Renault Kwid scored a zero-star rating. The India-made Kwid scored poor ratings in all the categories and it also lacks the modern safety features. Renault should work on the Kwid and offer more safety features as it is one of the best-selling hatchbacks in the Indian market.