- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Technology How to get 1.5GB data per day for one year from Vodafone
- Finance Gold Prices Slump Amid A Stronger Rupee And Rising Equities
- News BJP delegation meets EC, demands re-poll in violence hit constituencies of WB
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez made history for Honda in France
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
With the increasing number of vehicles around the world, the pollution is rising beyond control. The main reason for the pollution is the carbon emission by the internal combustion engines. But now, a new valve technology promises to deliver cheaper and greener engines.
Yes, Researchers at the University of Waterloo in Canada claim that they have developed a new technology which increases the fuel economy of an internal combustion engine by more than ten percent. The new technology could reduce the fuel consumption across the globe.
Apart from that, the Researchers have developed a new patented system for opening and closing of valves which will significantly reduce the fuel consumption in cars, ships and everything that uses an internal combustion engine.
The intake and exhaust valves in an engine are controlled by cam mechanisms which do not allow us to vary the timing of the opening and closing of the valves. The new technology uses hydraulic cylinders and rotary hydraulic valves to vary the timing of valves as the speed and torque of the engine alter.
The capability of accurately timing the opening and closing of valves according to engine operation leads to increase in fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
There are other systems to vary valve timing, but they are limited to be used in experimental engines due to the complex technology and high cost.
But, this new technology developed by the University of Waterloo is much simpler and less expensive. The new technology to vary the valve timing could be used in engines for trucks, mining vehicles, power generation and many other vehicles.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Valve Technology
The internal combustion engines produce harmful gases which is one of the reasons for the increase in pollution. But with the new technology, the emission levels could be brought down and the fuel efficiency will also increase. We hope that this technology will soon become a reality and will make engines cheaper and greener.