- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
ASEAN NCAP has revealed the crash test results for the all-new Toyota Rush which was unveiled in 2017. The Toyota Rush manufactured for the South East Asian markets scored an impressive five-star rating in the latest crash tests.
The Toyota Rush scored an overall rating of 84.03 out of 100. The seven-seater SUV performed well in adult occupancy protection, child occupancy protection and safety assistance systems.
The Rush is equipped with safety features such as six airbags, ABS, EBD, stability control, traction control and hill-start assist.
In markets such as Indonesia, the Toyota Rush draws power from a 1.5-litre four-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine. The petrol engine churns out 104bhp and 140Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic gearbox.
Previously it was reported that Toyota is planning to launch an affordable SUV in the Indian market. We expected the Rush to come to India. But later Toyota formed a strategic partnership with Suzuki for producing affordable cars. So, the Rush is unlikely to come to India.
As per the agreement between Toyota and Suzuki, Maruti Suzuki will supply Baleno and Vitara Brezza to Toyota. Toyota will supply the Corolla sedan to Maruti Suzuki. The shared models or the rebadged models are expected to hit the Indian roads in the second half of 2019.
Toyota will utilise the same platform and powertrain of the Baleno and the Vitara Brezza but will sport a revised exterior and interior design. Toyota will benefit from the Maruti Suzuki's network in India and will utilise the mass-market products. Maruti Suzuki will have a premium sedan in the form of Corolla.
Talking about the Rush, it is a seven-seater SUV with a combination of the design of a utility vehicle. The overall design is butch with the body cladding running across the body. The SUV also features a premium interior with all the bells and whistles. The SUV also comes with a host of safety features.
Thoughts On The Crash Test Results For Toyota Rush
The Toyota Rush has been given a five-star rating in the ASEAN NCAP crash test results. With a host of safety features and assistance systems, the seven-seater SUV has rated to be a safe vehicle. India is unlikely to get the Rush as Toyota is preparing to develop other affordable products for the Indian market.