TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
The first spy images of the new sub-four-metre MPV offering from Renault. The new Renault MPV was spotted testing in Tamil Nadu. Renault is expected to launch the new sub-four-metre MPV in India sometime in 2019.
The new MPV offering from Renault will sit under the company's Lodgy MPV offering. Renault is also said to price its new MPV competitively.
The new sub-four-metre Renault MPV will be part of the CMF-A+ platform. This platform is seen on the Kwid hatchback offering in Renault's line-up in India.
The new MPV will be longer than the Kwid, with a longer wheelbase, however, will still be under four metres. Also, the new Renault MPV is said to be suitable for seven passengers.
The Kwid-based MPV offering has been spotted in full camouflage. However, Renault has stated that the design of the new MPV will be completely different. The new MPV will come with large rims and chunkier tyres, which will help it stand apart from the Kwid offering.
Inside, the new MPV will come with a new dashboard, although certain components such as the AC Vents and the infotainment system will be carried over from the Kwid.
Spy images also showcase rear wipers and LED Daytime Running Lights. Other features expected on the new MPV: dual airbags, ABS and rear parking sensors.
The new Renault MPV is expected to be powered by the same 1.0-litre petrol engine as on the Kwid. However, the engine on the MPV will get a turbocharger. As of now, there is no news of a diesel offering on the Renault MPV.
Thoughts On The New Renault Sub-Four-Metre MPV
Renault's new MPV offering is said to be priced competitively. The company's previous MPV offering, the Lodgy failed to impress the Indian market.
The new MPV being under four metre is expected to bring in high-volume sales for the company. Renault's Kwid offering was the last successful car in India.
Picture Courtesy: HVKForum