- 44 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- News Boris Johnson will be next Prime Minister of UK
- Movies SHOCKING! Salman Khan Was Not The First Choice To Play Chulbul Pandey In Dabangg
- Sports Overthrow rules come under scrutiny but it cost New Zealand a World Cup
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Honda showcased the tenth-generation Civic at Auto Expo 2018. For the first time, the Japanese carmaker is offering an automatic gearbox option in the Civic's diesel variant. The interesting bit is that the car will be getting a new 9-speed automatic transmission.
The car is expected to launch in India in the first quarter of 2019. The new Civic diesel automatic promises to offer an added convenience to the sedan. Also, the Civic is offered with a good number of engine options in the international markets.
Honda has already launched the new 9-speed automatic transmission on the Civic diesel in the European markets. However, in India, it is expected to come with a 1.8-litre petrol and a 1.6-litre diesel engine. Since the Civic is India-bound, our market might get the option of a diesel automatic when it arrives here next year.
The 1.6-litre diesel engine churns out 118bhp at 4000rpm and 300Nm of peak torque at 2000rpm. The diesel AT can catapult from 0-100 km/h in 11 seconds.
Honda claims that the 9-speed automatic offers linear acceleration. The gears are wide-ratioed and help boost efficiency. The new transmission is also capable of skipping gears for a crisp response. The car can shift down directly from ninth to fifth gear or from seventh to fourth gear, if required.
On the outside, the car gets LED headlamps and tail lamps, dynamic contours and new alloy wheels. Some of the safety features include Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), traction control, airbags and ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD).
The Civic is assembled at Honda's facility in Turkey for Europe and not at the Swindon facility in the UK. After the car launches in India, it will go up against the likes of the Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra, and the Toyota Corolla. It is also expected to carry a price tag upwards of Rs 15 lakh.
Thoughts On the Honda Civic Diesel
The Honda Civic diesel with the 1.6-litre i-DTEC engine is available with a 9-speed automatic transmission. We are expecting the same car on our Indian shores. The 9-speed transmission offers good acceleration and precise shifts.
So, what are your thought on the new Civic Diesel?