- 7 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 8 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 9 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
German automaker Volkswagen has announced a recall for the new generation Polo hatchback. The Polo has been recalled due to a rare issue in the rear seat belt lock. Apart from the new-gen Polo, the Seat Ibiza and Arona also has been recalled due to the same issue.
When the rear seat and the rear seat belt of the new Polo are occupied at the same time, the left rear seat belt lock could get released. The seat belt lock is said to be unlocked during sudden lane changing and high-speed cornering. Although it's not a major safety issue, Volkswagen is committed towards the safety of the customers.
Volkswagen has stated that it is better not to use the rear middle seat belt lock until the issue gets rectified. Volkswagen is waiting for final verification as they are redesigning the seat belt lock. Once complete, the new seat belt locks will be fitted in currently sold cars and the new cars being manufactured.
After the approval, Volkswagen will announce an official recall campaign and the owners of the affected cars will be contacted. The customers can book an appointment with the nearest dealer and change the seat belt. The dealerships will carry out the seat belt replacement free of cost.
The new-gen Polo was introduced in 2017 and the overall design is inspired by the Golf. The new hatchback is based on the Volkswagen's flexible MQB platform. The new Volkswagen Polo is longer, wider and features improved cabin space as compared to the outgoing model.
The new-gen Volkswagen Polo features a new grille, redesigned front bumper and the rear end also gets a new tail light cluster and revamped bumper. Overall the design of the new Polo is sporty as compared to the previous-gen model.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Polo Recall
Volkswagen has recalled the new-gen Polo for an issue with the rear seat belt lock. Although the issue is a minor one, Volkswagen has made sure that the customer's safety is more important than just selling cars. Volkswagen is expected to launch the new-gen Polo in the Indian market in 2019.