- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 1 hr ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 3 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Rechargeable LED Lamp Launched In India – Goes On Crowdfunding
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Sports Tendulkar picks five Indians in World Cup XI
- News Amarnath Yatra: 15th batch of 3,967 pilgrims leaves Jammu
- Finance Tax Frauds Worth Rs 38,000 Crore Detected Last Year
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Mitsubishi is said to launch its all-new Outlander in India on August 20th 2018. Bookings for the new Mitsubishi Outlander SUV has already commenced. The event will mark, the company's first launch in six years.
The event will also see the return of the Outlander SUV, after it was discontinued back in 2013. The SUV is already on sale in global markets since 2015. Similar to its previous generation models, the Outlander will be available in a petrol-exclusive offering.
The all-new Outlander will come with a host of changes and updates to both its design and features. The SUV will feature anall-new design language, in-line with Mitsubishi's global offerings.
The front section of the SUV will feature a chrome grille, LED headlamps, LED DRL and fog lamps. It will also feature LED tail lights, along with multi-spoke alloy wheels to provide a more premium look to the SUV.
Inside, the all-new Outlander will now be offered as a seven-seater SUV, as opposed to the previous generation model's five-seater versions. Other interior features include a 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Rockford Fosgate audio with four speakers and leather upholstered seats.
The equipment list on the new Mitsubishi Outlander also includesdual-zone climate control, electric parking brake, auto hold, electric sunroof, keyless entry, auto headlights and paddle-shifters.
Safety features on the Outlander SUV: six airbags, ABS with EBD, Automatic Stability Control (ASC) and Hill-Start Assist (HSA), among other standard features.
The new 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander will be powered by a 2.0-litre DOHC MIVEC petrol engine. It will be combined with an electric motor, both at the front and rear. The combination of the petrol engine and the electric motor will produce a total of 200bhp. The engine also claims an incredible mileage figure of 58km/l.
The combined power unit will be available in three driving modes: electric, Series and Parallel. As the name suggests, in the electric mode the car will on solely on battery power alone. In the Series hybrid mode, the SUV will run on electric power, however, the petrol engine will help recharge the battery. As for the Parallel hybrid mode, the SUV will be run by the petrol engine, while the battery provides assistance.
Thoughts On The All-New Mitsubishi Outlander
The Mitsubishi Outlander SUV will continue to sell as a Completely Built Unit (CBU) in the country. Once launched, it will take on the Skoda Kodiaq, which is in the similar price bracket. Although, the Kodiaq doesn't offer a petrol version. Other rivals of the Outlander in India include the Toyota Fortuner, Volkswagen Tiguan and the upcoming Honda CR-V.