- 3 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 4 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 4 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- News Chandrayaan-1 too faced glitch before launch: former ISRO chief
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 commences at Noida. Desert Storm, powered by ExxonMobil, is India's biggest rally event, which spans a range of almost 2500 kilometres.
Desert Storm is spread across 11 stages. A good majority of the route passes through the scorching deserts of Thar. The final leg of the 2018 Desert Storm ends at the Golden City of Jaisalmer.
The motorcycle segment was led by the first Indian to complete Dakar Rally, CS Santosh. CS Santosh rides a Hero 450 RR.
The four-wheeler segment saw its start with Desert Storm 2017 winner, Suresh Rana's off-road Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara. The flag off was conducted in the parking lot of the Great India Place mall in Noida.
There were a variety of cars, SUVs, motorcycles and even ATVs, ready to set off. In total, there were 140 entrants in2018. A few of them were foreigners too.
People were also seen fixing their machines at the very last minute. A slight change in the setup makes a huge difference in the rally. Due to the harsh weather and terrain conditions, the contestants might face issues with their vehicles. At that point, there would be nobody to assist them but only themselves.
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 also saw some interesting entries. While some contestants had previous experiences in Desert Storm, some were trying it out for the first time. There were friends, couples, father and son, and even women teams. Maruti Suzuki and ExxonMobil officials led everyone to a brilliant start.
Motorsport enthusiasts from around the country gathered at the venue to see the contestants fly off to the next stage. All the contestants left the venue by 5pm.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 Flag Off
In the next five days, motorsport enthusiasts from across the country will look forward to some serious desert action. The rally will be having its first three stages in the regions of Bikaner. Stay tuned for more updates from the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm, powered by ExxonMobil.