- Honda To Introduce NSF 250R Moto3 Bike In India
- New FIA Grade-3 Certified Racetrack To Come Up In Andhra Pradesh — Amaravati Race Resort
- Rainforest Challenge India 2018 Results: Jagat Nanjappa From V5 Offroaders Wins The Competition
- Meet Tijil Rao — The Youngest Racer In The 2018 National Racing Championships
- Honda Riders All Set For The Round 2 Of Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship
- Gixxer Cup 2018 By Suzuki Motorcycle India — To Commence From 5th July At Kari Motor Speedway
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 Stage 1 complete. The first stage of India's biggest rally competition took place through the terrains of Bikaner, Rajasthan.
Contestants waded through the loose sand and thorny bushes of the Thar outskirts with throttles wide open. Two wheelers were flagged off at 2:30PM, while four-wheelers left the starting point after six in the evening.
Since the route of stage 1 couldn't be accessed by road transport, media and other officials waited at Lakhoosar, a remote location with hardly any population. From that point, media attendees walked in the direction opposite to the route of the rally, hoping to see the contestants pass.
Around 4:30PM, the sound of single-cylinder motorcycle engines was slowly becoming audible. And within a few minutes, the first contestant paced past -- Dakar Rally finalist and Hero MotoCorp rider, CS Santosh.
After that, first-time riders and experienced riders flew past the point. It was an exciting moment for everyone gathered there. Every rider was cheered by the onlookers as they advanced to the finality of the stage.
Amongst all the motorcycles was a quad bike. The ATV was noticeably able to handle the terrain with much more ease, compared to the off-road motorcycles.
Being a rally through the desert, the organisers had taken enough precautions to prevent contestants from getting stranded. However, help would take time to arrive due to the terrain conditions. This means that contestants are all by themselves for most of the time.
Locals were also excited to see something different in their native place. Children and elders gathered around to see automobiles flying past, something not that common to their eyes.
When the four-wheelers arrived at the checkpoint, it was already pitch dark. However, the roar of engines and the glow of headlights across the distance was something worth experiencing.
Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 Stage 1 Results
- CS Santosh (#1)
- Aaron Mare (#3)
- Sanjay Kumar (#6)
- Nipun Agarwal, Kabir Mansharmani (#301)
- Vishal Choudhary, Abhivek Singh Godhara (#305)
- Surendra Gopu, Hardeep Singh (#307)
- Sukhjeet Singh, Dhaliwal, Lenin J (#217)
- Gurpinder Singh, Mrinmoy Saha (#207)
- Ruchit Jadhaw, Aditya Garg (#214)
- Suresh Rana, P.V Srinivas Murthy (#101)
- Aabhishek Mishra, V Venu Rameshkumar (#103)
- Gaurav Chiripal, Srikanth Gowda (#102)
Thoughts On The Stage 1 Results Of Desert Storm 2018
Stage 1 of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018, powered by ExxonMobil, was also the first insight of what the rally involves. Though a lot of waiting was involved to just have a glimpse of the contestants, it was quite a moment for everyone. Desert Storm proved that motorsports is something not to be experienced just on television or the internet. More updates Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018 soon!
In the meantime, check out the gallery below to catch all the action from Stage 1.