TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Maruti Suzuki launched the Baleno premium hatchback in India in October 2015 and since its launch, the hatchback has been selling like hot cakes in the country. Now, a report from TeamBHP reveals more details about the Baleno facelift.
The report states that the Maruti Baleno facelift will be launched in the Indian market in the first quarter of 2019. The facelifted Maruti Baleno will also get a new diesel engine, whereas the petrol engine will remain unchanged as compared to the current model.
The Maruti Baleno facelift is expected to get a new in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel engine which will replace the Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre engine. The petrol version of the Maruti Baleno will continue to utilise the existing 1.2-litre K-Series engine.
Currently, the 1.3-litre diesel engine produces 74bhp and 190Nm of torque and the petrol engine is good for 83bhp and 115Nm of torque. The specifications of the new 1.5-litre diesel engine are not yet revealed.
The 1.5-litre engine developed by Suzuki will be BS-VI complaint and the entire product portfolio of Maruti Suzuki will utilise the same engine by 2020. Maruti Suzuki will launch the Ciaz facelift and the Ertiga facelift before the introduction of the Baleno facelift.
It will be interesting to see if the upcoming Ciaz and Ertiga facelift will get the new 1.5-litre diesel engine or will continue to feature the same 1.3-litre unit. Maruti Suzuki also plans to set up a separate plant to manufacture the new 1.5-litre engine in India. The production of the Baleno facelift is likely to commence from September 2018.
Thoughts On The Maruti Baleno Facelift
The Baleno premium hatchback has been one of the best-selling cars in the Indian market. The premium features, upmarket styling and the unmatched fuel efficiency form perfect ingredients in the success of the Baleno. Now, Maruti Suzuki is readying the facelifted avatar of the Baleno which is expected to be launched in 2019.