TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Mahindra is all set to launch its new MPV, codenamed the U321 in India on the 18th April. Test mules of the new MPV have been spotted multiple number of times in the country over the last few months.
The U321 MPV will be the first to feature a monocoque body from Mahindra, completely different from the current body-on-frame style used on vehicles like the Xylo.
As seen from the images, the new offering from Mahindra receives the typical MPV silhouette with a relatively low-set cabin height for easy ingress and egress.
The front fascia of the U321 MPV features a seven-slat vertical grille similar to that of the XUV500. The MPV also gets projector headlamps, along with a new bumper housing the fog lamps with boomerang shaped LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs).
The sides of the Mahindra MPV receives a strong beltline along with large wheel arches for the five-spoke 16-inch wheels as seen on the test vehicle. While the rear gets vertically stacked taillights, the hatch for the tailgate flows deep down providing easy access for loading luggage.
On the interiors, the MPV will provide seven and eight seater options with generous legroom and leather seats, will also feature a large touchscreen infotainment system with app connectivity such as Android Auto and an analogue-digital instrument cluster.
The Mahindra MPV will borrow the 1.6-litre engine developed by Ssangyong, which will further be carried forward on other upcoming Mahindra models as well. This new engine is said to produce 130bhp on the MPV.
Thoughts On The Mahindra U321 MPV India Launch
The new Mahindra MPV once launched in India, will take on rivals such as the Maruti Ertiga and the Toyota Innova Crysta. Though the prices for the Mahindra MPV U321 has not yet been revealed, the company is expected to price the vehicle between Rs 10 - 15 lakh, ex-showroom.