- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RR 310 Launched In India With Slipper Clutch — Priced At Rs 2.27 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Fuels Price Wars — Tata, Ford, And Maruti Offer Discounts
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- Movies These Sensual Pictures Of Kamali Actress Amulya Gowda Will Leave You Stunned! MUST SEE
- News 76 of the 147 MLAs in new Odisha assembly are crorepatis
- Lifestyle Why Is Personal Hygiene Important And Tips To Improve It
- Technology Everything you should know about Nokia and Netplus deal
- Sports World Cup 2019: Rohit Sharma gets candid as he reveals worst dancer, worst roommate in Team India
- Finance Sensex, Nifty Close At New Highs
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
The Land Rover Defender is one of the most iconic off-roaders, the world has ever seen. Introduced in 1983, the British four-wheel-drive vehicle got its roots from the original 1948 Land Rover series. Initially called the Land Rover Ninety or One Ten, the Defender was discontinued by Jaguar Land Rover in 2016.
A limited production Defender Works V8 model was introduced in early-2018 to mark the off-roader's 70th anniversary. The next-generation Land Rover Defender, codenamed L663, is currently in the works.
A lot of automotive customisation studios have brought new life to the Land Rover Defender over the years. Perhaps the most popular name among them would be Chelsea Truck Company. Subsidiary to UK-based Kahn Design, Chelsea Truck Company produces bespoke creations of three popular off-roaders: Jeep Wrangler, Mercedes G-Wagon and the Land Rover Defender.
Kahn Design or Chelsea Truck Company has created a lot of one-off examples of the Land Rover Defender and here's the latest one – the Aintree Green Defender Pickup.
As the name suggests, the Defender is finished in a unique Aintree Green shade which emphasises the classic boxy styling of the vehicle. While the design remains unmistakably that of a classic Land Rover, there is a lot of modern aesthetic elements such as the new bumpers, prominent fenders and the host of LED lighting.
Meanwhile, the exposed bolts add a rugged character to the vehicle.
The Defender pickup rides on a neat-looking set of 20-inch Mondial wheels, wrapped with 275/55 rubber. The painted (choosable colours) brake callipers and embossing mud flaps further add to the ‘rough look'.
As usual, the interiors of the Chelsea Truck Company product have been finished using the best quality upholstery, with the utmost attention to detail. There is enough leather, chrome and aluminium usage on the inside, put together in such a way that it doesn't disturb the old interior styling.
The Sports GTB seats look fantastic in the quilted and perforated black leather format. The seats make no compromise in style, comfort or support.
Powered by a 2.2-litre TDCi engine that makes 122bhp and 360Nm of torque, the Land Rover 110 Double Cab Defender Pickup from Chelsea Truck Company is priced at 39,999 British pounds or around Rs 35.7 lakh (direction conversion without considering any taxes).
Thoughts On The Chelsea Truck Company Defender Pickup
The Land Rover Defender still remains as one of the greatest off-roaders in the minds of enthusiasts. The boxy styling and the commanding presence of the vehicle have helped in creating a huge fan following, all around the world. The Defender carries a lot of heritage and its discontinuation came as a sad news in the automotive industry.
Till Jaguar Land Rover actually develops a new Defender, firms such as Chelsea Truck Company will keep the off-roader's glory alive. What do you think of this unique Defender build?