- Finance IndiaMart IPO To Open On 24 June
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Rashid Khan scores ‘century' against England: Here are 5 most expensive bowlers in WC
- Movies SURPRISING! Jasmin Bhasin Quits Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji As She's Not Okay To Bond With Child On Screen!
- Technology Newly Discovered Exoplanets Are Closer To Earth And Possible Habitable
- News Rahul Gandhi turns 49: Wishes pour in; PM Modi extends greetings
- Lifestyle Common Yoga Injuries & How To Avoid Them
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has stated that all the premium luxury buses will be equipped with fire detection and suppression system (FDSS). ETAuto reports that KSRTC has taken this decision after a few incidents where buses caught fire while on the move.
The new FDDS technology is capable of automatically detecting fire in any part of the vehicle and extinguish it. KSRTC has invited tenders to install FDDS technology. The decision to install FDDS has been made after a recent incident where a sleeper bus caught bum while on the move. The passengers escaped as the driver smoke and warned the passengers.
According to KSRTC officials, most bus fires start from the engine compartment and the premium buses have the engine at the rear. So, most of the time the fire cannot be noticed by the driver. So, the FDDS technology will be a vital component to avert such accidents.
Currently, all the premium KSRTC buses are equipped with fire extinguishers that are manually operated and it is also time-consuming. An official stated that the FDDS will be able to extinguish the fire in just five to six seconds. The common cause of the fire in buses are short circuits and fuel leakages.
Currently, the fleet of KSRTC premium luxury buses includes Volvo, Scania and Mercedes-Benz buses. An official also said that all the new premium buses are equipped with in-built FDDS, but most of the 477 buses, especially the old ones miss out on the safety feature.
A senior official from KSRTC said that the FDDS will be able to detect the rise in temperature in the engine compartment. In case of a fire, the FDDS will discharge a foam which creates a layer on top of the fuel surface. The film will create a vapour seal which prevents the contact of oxygen with the fuel surface.
Thoughts On KSRTC Buses With FDDS Technology
The FDDS technology in KSRTC buses could be a life-saving safety feature as it will eliminate the risk of fire in a moving bus. Most of the premium luxury buses have the rear engine and it is very difficult to notice the fire. KSRTC has taken a good decision to deploy FDDS system on all the premium buses in its fleet.
View Trending Photos:
Royal Enfield has launched the new Classic Signals 350 in the country. The Royal Enfield Classic Signals 350 is priced at Rs 1.62 lakh ex-showroom. Check out the photos of the newly launched Royal Enfield... click to read more.