- 5 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 6 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 7 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Kia SP Concept was unveiled at the Auto Expo 2018. Kia Motors also showcased 16 of their global products alongside the SP Concept. With the SP Concept, Kia Motors aims to attract a lot of initial sales in India.
At the Auto Expo 2018, the Kia SP Concept featured a design which looked more production-ready rather than a preview. The SUV concept has sleek LED headlamps & DRLs, and an edgy grille in between. Kia Motors states that the SP Concept is inspired by Indian heritage and driven by advanced technology. Here's what you should expect from the Kia SP Concept!
Based On The Hyundai Creta
Kia Motors, being a part of Hyundai, is developing the production variant of the SP Concept, around the Hyundai Creta. Hence, both the Kia SP and the Hyundai Creta would be around the same size and will seat five passengers. The SP will also be powered by the same engine options as in the Creta. The Hyundai Creta comes with either a 1.6-litre petrol, 1.4-litre diesel, or a 1.6-litre diesel engine.
Expected To Launch By Mid-2019
Initial reports suggest that Kia Motors is planning to launch the SP SUV in 2019. Kia Motors had already started setting up its manufacturing facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The plant covers almost 23 million square feet, and is backed up by an investment of above Rs 7000 crore. When fully operational, the Kia plant in Anantapur is expected to have a production capacity of 3 lakh vehicles per year, along with the availability of 3000 jobs.
To Come Feature-Loaded
The Kia SP Concept will feature premium interiors, with adequate amounts of leather. A large touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will be an assured addition. Coming to safety, expect around 6 airbags in the top variant, while ABS+EBD+BA comes standard across all variants.
All-Wheel Drive And Automatic Variants To Come
While the Creta hasn't got an All-Wheel Drive variant, the Kia SP might get a front-wheel-bias AWD avatar. The production version of the Kia SP Concept will be coming in an automatic variant, which may or may not use the Creta's 6-speed automatic.
Will Be Expensive Than The Creta
While the base variant of the production-SP might be available at Rs 15 lakh, the top variant will cost Rs 18 lakh or above. Being a locally-produced product, the Kia SP Concept will be sold at the least possible price. At that price point, the Kia SP will rival the Mahindra XUV500, Tata Hexa or a base model Jeep Compass.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Kia SP Concept
Kia Motors is a well-established global brand, with products sold in most parts of the world. Starting from the small Kia Picanto, all the way to high-performing Kia Stinger GT, the Korean brand has a lot of potential models to offer in India. The SP Concept is just one of them, but developed specifically for the Indian market.