TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Jeep has confirmed its plans to launch a new sub-four-metre SUV in India. Placed below the Renegade, the new SUV will become the new entry-level vehicle in the Jeep India product lineup.
The new entry-level Jeep SUV will share its platform with the next generation Fiat Panda and the 500. As part of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) platform, Jeep will build its own body and interior, based on the underpinnings of the Panda 4X4.
The new sub-four-metre SUV will carry forward the Jeep design language with off-road capabilities.
Jeep plans to launch four electric and ten plug-in hybrids models in the international market by 2022. They also plan on introducing a Wrangler pick-up and a Grand Wagoneer by 2022 as well.
In India, a significant percentage of SUV sales comes from the sub-four-metre segment. Jeep hopes to take advantage of the growing sales figures of this segment as well.
Apart from the compact SUV, Jeep also has plans to introduce a three-row mid-size utility vehicle in the country.
FCA also plans to strengthen India's position as an export hub. Mike Manley, CEO, Jeep confirmed that the company will increase production capacity of its FCA plant in Maharashtra. Jeep hopes to increase the capacity to 2,40,000 units from the current 1,60,000 units.
Apart from this, Jeep will also double the number of dealerships in the country, while also expanding the service networks.
Thoughts On Jeep India Expansion
Jeep India plans to have a product in every SUV segment for a 100 percent market coverage. The introduction of the new entry-level sub-four-metre SUV and the larger Grand Wagoneer UV will help Jeep achieve their five-year plan.