TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
The newly launched Hyundai Verna with the 1.4-litre petrol engine is available in two variants, E and EX, priced at Rs 7.79 lakh and Rs 9.09 lakh respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new-gen Hyundai Verna was launched in August 2017 in the Indian market, and the sedan has been a crucial product in the country for the South Korean automaker. The new Verna has garnered over 30,000 bookings and 2 lakh enquiries in India. The sedan has also bagged the export order for over 10,500 units from global markets.
The new-gen Hyundai Verna has been the most awarded car of 2017 including the Indian Car Of The Year 2018 (ICOTY) award. Since its launch, the Verna was offered with the 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engine.
Now, Hyundai has added the new 1.4-litre Kappa Dual VTVT petrol engine producing 99bhp and 132Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Hyundai states that the fuel efficiency has been further improved by eight percent which now stands at an impressive 19.1kpl.
The Hyundai Verna 1.6 draws power from a 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines. The petrol Verna produces 121bhp and 151Nm of torque., whereas the diesel engine is good for 126bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both the engines are mated to a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Director of Sales and Marketing, Hyundai India, Rakesh Srivastava said, "The Next Gen Verna is a super sedan and has established its supremacy in the market since its launch. The Next-Gen Verna with 1.4L Kappa Dual VTVT petrol engine is the perfect combination of performance and fuel efficiency and showcases Hyundai's commitment to provide products based on customers aspirations."
With the introduction of the new 1.4-litre petrol engine, the Verna has become more fuel efficient due to the downsized engine. With the launch of the 1.4-litre model, the 1.6-litre petrol engine is no longer available in the base E trim and EX manual variant due to the marginal price difference of Rs 20,000.