- 2 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 4 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 5 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- News Rift in Delhi Cong wide open: PC Chacko curtails Sheila Dikshit’s powers
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Hyundai Motors' new compact SUV offering, the Carlino has been spied testing in India. The Hyundai Carlino concept, a sub-four-metre compact-SUV was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo. Now, the near production-ready spec of the compact-SUV has been spotted testing for the first time in the country.
According to the latest reports, Hyundai is all set to launch their new product in the Indian market sometime around April 2019. The new product (codenamed QX1) will be based on the Carlino Concept, however, it will offer a completely new design and styling features.
The Hyundai Carlino based SUV, the QX1 will sit below the brand's Creta offering in India. The spy images showcase a completely new design language, with very little in common to the concept. However, the car does come with similar dimensions overall.
A prototype of the SUV was spied testing in South Korea, earlier this month. With the car now seen in India, there is a good chance the SUV is being tweaked for the Indian market, ahead of an expected launch sometime next year.
The Hyundai Carlino will come with the company's signature hexagonal grille. The front of the SUV is also expected to receive LED DRLs, low-mounted projector headlamps and fog lights. The front-end will also feature a secondary air dam, along with a silver skid-plate at the bottom.
The overall profile of the car, although hard to judge, is expected to carry forward a similar design to the Creta SUV. The images, showcase a highly camouflaged rear section to notice any features on the new Carlino.
Inside, the SUV is expected to be similar to all other Hyundai offerings. The compact-SUV is also said to borrow certain components from the Hyundai i20 as well.
The Hyundai Carlino will be based on the Elite i20 platform. It will feature a 1.2 and 1.4-litre petrol and diesel engine options, respectively. Both engines will further be mated to a six-speed manual transmission as standard, across all its variants.
Thoughts On the Hyundai Carlino Compact-SUV
The Hyundai Carlino has been spied testing its near production-ready spec, hence we can expect a launch sometime early next year. Expected to be priced at around Rs 7 to 10 lakh, ex-showroom, the compact-SUV will take on direct competition from the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Tata Nexon.
Image Courtesy: Rushlane