WR-V Records Highest Sales Figures For Honda — Accounts For 28 Percent

By Rahul

The WR-V has become the top-selling model in Honda's India lineup, selling over 50,000 units in the last one year since its launch. The crossover model from Honda accounts for 28 percent of the total sales of HCIL in the market.

Honda WR-V Sells 50,000 Units In One Year

The WR-V is available in two variants; S and VX, with the top-end VX model accounting for almost 80 percent of the total sales.

The top-end VX variant offers various features which have attracted many customers towards the WR-V. Features such as a sunroof, infotainment system with 1.5GB internal memory and navigation, rear reclining seats and rear parking camera with zoom, many of which are segment firsts.

Recommended Video - Watch Now!
    New Honda Civic India Launch Details & Specs - DriveSpark
    Honda WR-V Sells 50,000 Units In One Year

    Honda announced that 58 percent of the overall sales of the WR-V came from its diesel variants, while the petrol variant accounts for the remaining 42 percent.

    Honda also announced that the sales of the WR-V in Tier-I cities accounted for 38 percent of the nation-wide sales, with Tier-II and Tier-III cities not far behind with 30 and 32 percent sales respectively.

    In terms of regional distribution, North India recorded 30 percent of overall sales, followed by West, South and East with 28, 27 and 15 percent respectively.

    Honda WR-V Sells 50,000 Units In One Year

    The Honda WR-V receives both petrol and diesel fuel options. A 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine producing 90bhp and 110Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel power unit producing 100bhp and 200Nm of torque. The petrol and diesel engines are mated to a five-speed and six-speed manual transmission respectively.

    Honda WR-V Sells 50,000 Units In One Year

    Commenting on the WR-V's success, Yoichiro Ueno, President & CEO, HCIL said, "This is a very proud moment for us. Honda WR-V has witnessed great success in the Indian market and the 50,000 sales milestone validates its strong presence. It has emerged as a strong volume model in Honda's model line-up striking the right chord among young urban customers who are looking for status, comfort and have an active lifestyle."

    Thoughts On The Honda WR-V Sales

    Honda WR-V Sells 50,000 Units In One Year

    The Honda WR-V was launched in India in March 2017, with a starting price of Rs 7.78 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The mid-size crossover offering from the Japanese car maker offers a number of features and even some segment firsts, which have successfully attracted a large number of customers.

    Read more on: #honda
    Article Published On: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 11:15 [IST]

    Get Instant Auto Updates From DriveSpark

    Notification Settings X
    Time Settings
    Clear Notification X
    Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
    Settings X
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Drivespark sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Drivespark website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more