TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- CBI War: Nageshwar Rao Appointed Interim Director, Verma, Asthana Sent On Leave
- OnePlus Pop-Up Events Announced: Buy OnePlus 6T With Free Food And Goodies
- Ever Been To This Ancient Village Of Tigawa In Madhya Pradesh?
- Ever Tried Using Kiwi For Strong & Shiny Hair?
- THIS Actor Caught Deepika Padukone Sitting On Ranveer Singh's Lap; Reveals How Their Romance Begun!
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- Manchester United 0 Juventus 1: Dybala Downs Mourinho's Men On Ronaldo's Return
- Paytm FD Offers Interest At The Rate Of 8%; Know How To Avail It
Formula 1 and Netflix have just announced a collaboration to showcase a documentary series based on the 2018 season. The documentary is scheduled to be aired on Netflix by early 2019.
The documentary series will feature 10 episodes commissioned by Netflix, showcasing the inner workings of the sport throughout an entire F1 season.
The makers of the series will be given unprecedented access to the cockpits, paddocks, team principles and owners. The series will also give the fans a chance to see the workings of the F1's management team and even shed light on the lives of some of the key drivers in Formula 1.
The new series will be produced by Academy-award winner James Gay Rees along with Paul Martin for Box to Box Films. Rees is known for his previous award-winning full-length feature documentary ‘Senna', which as the name suggests was based on the legendary F1 driver — Ayrton Senna.
Filming for the series has already started since the winter pre-season testing, with camera crew capturing every moment during all race weekends including the recently concluded Australian Grand Prix last weekend in Melbourne.
Sean Bratches, F1 Managing Director of Commercial Operations stated, "Formula 1 is a global sport that we are actively repositioning from a motorsport company to a media and entertainment brand."
"The agreement with Netflix serves to chronicle the fascinating story of what transpires behind the scenes during a grand prix season. This is a perspective of the sport that has yet to be unveiled to fans around the world. This series will unleash a compelling vantage point to the sport that will delight fans and serve as a catalyst to entice new fans."
Bela Bajaria, Vice President of Content for Netflix also commented stating, "This partnership with Formula 1 furthers our mission of working with world-class brands and production partners to produce best-in-class unscripted series.
Thoughts On The Formula 1 And Netflix Collaboration
The collaboration between F1 and Netflix to produce an original docu-series is great news for F1 fans around the world. It is a great way of attracting one of the world's biggest sporting events to new and young fans across the globe.