- 32 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 33 min ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 1 hr ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Sports Batting coach Bangar's son gets tips from bowling coach Arun
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- News Situation in Bengal nothing less than Emergency: Prakash Javadekar
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Vazirani Shul is set to be unveiled in India on September 26, 2018. The electric hypercar from Vazirani Automotive brings many firsts to the table for an Indian automotive manufacturer. The Vazirani Shul was revealed at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed, making waves in the automotive industry.
The Goodwood Festival of Speed is a haven for automotive enthusiasts and the unveiling of the Vazirani Shul at the event took the automotive world by storm. The concept displayed at Goodwood was extremely futuristic and looked like something out of a sci-fi movie.
There is no surprise that the Vazirani Shul looks that good as it was designed by Chunky Vazirani who has in the past worked with the likes of Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar and Rolls-Royce. The Vazirani Shul has been designed in a wind-tunnel and inputs have also been taken from the Force India Formula One Team and Michelin.
The aerodynamic elements in the Vazirani Shul are not just functional but also help in the design department. A turbine-electric powertrain is used to power the Vazirani Shul and that makes it unique.
Turbine-electric powertrains are usually used in warships, submarines and some railway locomotives. When the Vazirani Shul goes into production, it will be the first car to use a turbine-electric powertrain system.
The Vazirani Shul is driven by four electric motors, one on each wheel and the motors are powered by a battery pack. Whenever required, a micro-turbine starts up and charges the battery pack on the go, allowing the Shul to have an extended range compared to normal electric cars.
The capability to charge on the go would be required for the Vazirani Shul as it is a hypercar promising some serious speed and would drain the batteries pretty quickly. Performance figures and specifications have not yet been revealed, but it is evident that the car is not targeted at outright acceleration or top speed figures.
The Shul even in its concept guise sported Brembo brakes and Michelin tyres showing that handling is a priority. Chunky Vazirani is an enthusiast himself and had said at the unveiling that "The Shul will showcase blistering performance without compromising too much on range."
Underpinning the Vazirani Shul is a lightweight carbon-fibre monocoque chassis. The battery pack is weighs just under 300 kilograms and is located in the central tunnel and just behind the passenger seat to allow for equal weight distribution.
At the Goodwood unveil, it was said that the turbine has been developed in such a way that it would be able to run on normal petrol as well. The configuration in which it was unveiled at Goodwood is unique and makes it stand out from the crowd of supercars and hypercars on sale.
Thoughts On Vazirani Shul Being Unveiled In India
The Vazirani Shul is something that all Indians should definitely be proud of. The name itself draws attention to the Indian roots of Vazirani Automotive. However, the car will be produced in California because of the better infrastructure available for manufacturing of electric cars.
The Vazirani Shul might be sold across the world, but one of the first markets to see the car is India. Vazirani Automotive will unveil the Shul at an event in Mumbai on September 26.