- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 1 hr ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 1 hr ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- News What went wrong for Congress in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh?
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: New Zealand look to punch above weight, again!
- Technology 4G Tablet shipments witness a 62% sequential growth in 1Q 2019: CMR
- Movies Disha Patani: Salman Khan Is Grounded, Not Intimidating
- Finance Markets End Lower Even As NDA Storms Back To Power; Sensex hits 40,000 Pts
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Ferrari Portofino launched in India at Rs 3.5 crore, ex-showroom (India). The Portofino comes in a convertible 2+2 GT configuration and is the latest entry-level model in the Italian supercar brand's product line-up. The Ferrari Portofino first made its public debut at the company's 70th-anniversary celebrations last year in Italy.
The Ferrari Portofino comes with arefreshed design, with a sculpted look. The Portofino also features a boomerang-shaped LED headlamps, along with a sharper and sportier front-end. However, the Portofino still manages to come with Ferrari's signature styling cues.
On the sides, the Ferrari Portofino comes with carbon-fibre skirts, as well as accentuated rear wheel arches merging into the tail lamps. The rear, on the other hand, features an all-new aggressive design with twin tail lamps, quad exhaust setup and a contoured boot lid.
Powering the Ferrari Portofino is a reworked 3.9-litre twin-turbo V8 engine seen previously on the California T. The updated engine is now tuned to produce 600bhp at 7,500rpm and 760Nm of torque at 5,250rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission as seen all Ferrari's currently on sale.
The new entry-level Ferrari is capable of reaching a top speed of 320km/h and a 0 - 100km/h run in 3.5 seconds.
The Ferrari Portofino comes with an all-new chassis, claimed to be 35 percent stiffer than its predecessor. This has also translated to a reduction in the overall weight by 80kg. Also, the Portofino has moved on from the old hydraulic unit to a new electro-mechanical steering setup.
Being a convertible, the Portofino comes with a metal-folding roof, able to open and close in under 14 seconds at speeds of up to 40km/h. Ferrari also offers a manually retractable wind deflector on the Portofino to reduce the turbulence in the cabin by 30 percent compared to the California T.
Inside, the Ferrari Portofino comes with a 2+2 seating arrangement. Features on the new Ferrari include a 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system, separate 8.8-inch screen for passengers, Apple CarPlay connectivity and 18-way electric seat adjustability among a host of other standard features.
Thoughts On The Ferrari Portofino In India
The new Ferrari Portofino will be sold in India, through the company's dealerships in Delhi and Mumbai. The car takes on rivals such as the Lamborghini Huracan Spyder, Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet and the Audi R8 Spyder.