- 20 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Finance Markets To Jump Post Exit Poll Results
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
BMW India has launched the petrol version to their X1 line-up in the country. The new BMW X1 sDrive20i now comes with a BS-VI compliant petrol engine priced at Rs 37.50 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW X1 sDrive20i will be offered exclusively on the brand's xLine variant and will be assembled at the company plant in Chennai, India. The petrol version doesn't get any major changes from its diesel counterpart, apart from the badging.
The BMW X1 is now offered with a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine producing 189bhp and 280Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a seven-speed Steptronic sport dual-clutch automatic gearbox as standard. The X1 is capable of reaching a top speed of 224km/h while doing a 0 - 100km/h run in 7.6 seconds.
The petrol version looks similar to the standard models, with the exception of the badge. The car features BMW's signature kidney grille finished in a matte aluminium frame. Other standard features on the X1 include 18-inch alloy wheels, panoramic sunroof and ambient lighting.
Inside, the BMW X1 comes with leather-wrapped steering wheel, speed-sensitive steering assistance, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, park distance control, Bluetooth and USB connectivity among others. The cabin on the X1 is available in two dual-tone options of either Sensatec Oyster/Black or Sensatec Black/Black.
Safety features on the BMW X1: six airbags, brake assist, dynamic stability control, hill descent control, cornering brake control, side-impact protection, dynamic traction control and ABS.
The BMW X1 is available in a range of colour options from a non-metallic Alpine white to other metallic colour which includes Black Sapphire, Mediterranean Blue and Sparkling Brown.
Thoughts On The BMW X1 Petrol Variant
The BMW X1 has been a popular model in the brand's India line-up. With the launch of the BS-VI compliant petrol version, BMW hopes to attract more sales, especially ahead of the upcoming festive season. In India, the BMW X1 rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLA, Audi Q3 and the Volvo XC40.