TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
The new mid-size SUV is codenamed as Q501 and it is expected to be launched by the end of 2018 and will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta and Renault Captur. The SUV is likely to be offered in 5-seater configuration, similar to its rivals.
Both the mid-size and premium SUV which is codenamed as Q502 will be based on the Land Rover Discovery Sport's L550 platform. Both the products are still in development phase and Tata Motors has been working on the SUVs for around two years and the prototype models have been spotted in the country.
Both the new SUVs will draw power from the Fiat-sourced 2-litre Multijet II diesel engine manufactured at FCA's Ranjangaon plant. The same engine is deployed in the Jeep Compass, but Tata will tune the engine differently.
The five-seater SUV is likely to produce around 140bhp of power, whereas the seven-seater model is expected to churn out around 170bhp. Despite featuring the same platform and engine, both the SUVs will be completely different.
We expect the new SUVs to feature Tata Motors' Impact Design language which can be seen on the Tiago, Tigor, Hexa and the recently launched Nexon. The interior of the SUVs will sport upmarket design elements and features. Both the SUVs might be offered with two-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive options.
The SUV segment in India has seen a rapid growth in the past couple of years and the automakers are aggressive to launch products in this segment. The recently launched Nexon has received a tremendous response from the Indian customers and the company is now planning to enter the premium SUV segment. The new premium SUV which will be launched in 2019 will rival the likes of Jeep Compass in India.