- Tata Nexon Achieves 50,000 Units Production Milestone Since Launch
- Tata 45X Hatchback Spotted Testing In India — Interior Revealed
- Tata Nexon Gets Apple CarPlay With The Latest Software Update
- Tata Nexon Global NCAP Crash Test Results Revealed — Gets Four-Star Safety Rating
- Tata Harrier SUV Spotted Again — Gets New Alloy Wheels And Bridgestone Tyres
- Tata Winger 15-Seater Launched At Rs 12.05 Lakh With Individual AC Vents And Push Back Seats
Tata Motors' mini truck, the Ace has achieved 2 million sales milestone in the country since its launch in 2005. In the past 12 years, the automaker has sold a unit of Ace every third minute.
The Tata Ace has been designed to perform all tasks for the last mile transportation and continues to dominate the small-scale transport business.
Launched in 2005, the Tata Ace pioneered the concept of mini-truck in the Indian market. The mini-truck offers superior safety, versatile performance in varied conditions, ease of maintenance, comfort and cost-effectiveness to its customers.
The Ace platform has so far produced about 15 offerings, based on engine type, engine power and body configurations. Currently, the Tata Ace family comprises of brands like Ace, Zip, Mega and Mint for SCV cargo and Magic, Mantra and Iris for passenger movement in rural and urban areas.
To meet the customer's demand, Tata Motors has set up workshops across the country and has over 1,800 service points and a workshop on an average of every 62km. The ease of service and maintenance of the Ace also played a vital role in the success of the mini-truck.
Head of Commercial Vehicle Business, Tata Motors, Girish Wagh said, "It is a moment of great pride and a testimony from our customers that India's first mini-truck, our small wonder - The Tata Ace celebrates the significant milestone of 20 lakh vehicles on road in just 12 years of its remarkable journey."
The Tata Ace has been a leading brand in the mini-truck segment since its launch in India. In just 12 years the company has sold over 2 million units of Ace. Tata Motors aims to grow further in the small-scale commercial vehicle segment by introducing modern and technological advanced products.