- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 18 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News Biden-Harris pay tribute to Americans who lost their lives to COVID-19
- Finance SBI, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank In RBI's Too Big To Fail Lenders List Of 2020
- Movies Master Day 7 Box Office Collection: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Continues Its Reign
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021 Offers On Best Laptops And Desktops
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Switzerland's road agency has imposed a ban on the registrations of new Porsche Cayennes that are powered by the engines that fall under the Diesel Gate scandal.
The preliminary ban that was imposed on Porsche Cayennes with the 3.0-litre diesel engine does not affect those vehicles that are already registered.
The ban is directly linked to Volkswagen's Diesel gate scandal that was revealed in 2015. The carmaker used a software that could manipulate engine management during tests to show lower emission levels.
The Volkswagen Group was forced to announce a recall to fix vehicles with the engine manipulation software in many parts, including India.
Banning vehicles in the interest of saving the environment is a good call by most countries, including the Swiss. Diesel vehicles are coming under the scanner in most countries and could soon be banned completely.