- Volvo XC40 Euro NCAP Crash Test Results Revealed
- Volvo XC40 Momentum & Inscription Variants Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 39.90 Lakh
- Volvo Delivers Twelve Units Of The XC40 In Bangalore On A Single Day
- New Volvo XC40 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 39.90 Lakh
- Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Petrol Hybrid Launched In India; Priced At Rs 96.65 Lakh
- The New 2019 Volvo S60 Sports Sedan Unveiled — First Volvo Without A Diesel Offering
The new Volvo XC60 will go on sale in India in its fully loaded 'Inscription' trim which will feature a host of technology and safety systems.
The new Volvo XC60 will draw power from a 2-litre D5 diesel engine producing 231bhp and 470Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to an 8-speed automatic gearbox and all-wheel-drive will be offered as standard. The same engine is deployed in the bigger XC90 SUV.
Initially, Volvo will only offer the 2-litre diesel engine, but at a later phase, the automaker plans to introduce the T6 petrol engine which is capable of producing 315bhp. Volvo might also introduce the hybrid variant of the SUV in the country.
The new XC60 Inscription trim will be loaded with top-spec equipment such as air suspension, Bowers & Wilkins audio system, heads-up display, 19-inch alloy wheels and Nappa leather upholstery.
The top-spec variant of the Volvo XC60 is equipped with a radar-based safety system. The XC60 will be the second Volvo product in India to get these safety features after the XC90 Excellence.
Volvo will locally-assemble the new XC60 at its Bangalore plant in India. But it is not clear whether the SUV will be assembled in the country at the time of the launch. Volvo might also consider starting the local assembly from 2018.
Volvo is a brand which is known for its top-notch safety features, and the upcoming new XC60 is no different from that. The new SUV will be the second product in India to get radar-based safety features. When launched, the new XC60 will rival the likes of Land Rover Discovery Sport, Mercedes GLC and Audi Q5.