- 2018 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Launched In India; Prices Start From Rs 99.48 Lakh
- Bollywood Actor Bobby Deol Treats Himself To A Brand New Range Rover Sport SUV
- Range Rover SVAutobiography & Sport SVR Bookings Open — The Performance-Focussed Models Of The Lot
- Range Rover Evoque 3-Door Discontinued — Low Sales Figures Is The Primary Reason
- Range Rover Evoque & Discovery Sport Ingenium Petrol Launched; Prices Start At Rs 49.20 Lakh
- 2018 Range Rover And Range Rover Sport India Bookings Open — To Be Launched Soon
The prominent highlight of the Range Rover Sport facelift is the 567bhp SVR variant and a plug-in hybrid trim. The updated SUV will be replaced by an all-new model which is due in 2020.
The top-spec Range Rover Sport SVR draws power from the existing 5-litre V8 supercharged petrol engine producing 567bhp and 700Nm of torque. The SUV can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 4.5 seconds.
The plug-in hybrid variant of the SUV is badged as P400e and it is the first electrified model from the stable of Jaguar Land Rover. The powertrain of the P400e is a combination of 296bhp 2-litre petrol engine and a 114bhp electric motor. The combined output stands at 398bhp.
The Range Rover Sport PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 6.7 seconds. Land Rover claims that the plug-in hybrid SUV will deliver a mileage of 37.75km/l and a pure electric range of 50km.
The electric motor draws power from a 13.1kWh lithium-ion battery mounted underneath the boot floor. The charging cable access is hidden behind the Land Rover logo on the front grille. The claimed charging time is two hours and 45 minutes.
Apart from the SVR and P400e, the Range Rover Sport facelift is available with a range of petrol and diesel engine options including V6 and V8 engines. The facelifted SUV features redesigned grille and new LED headlamps.
The interior of the refreshed SUV is inspired by the Velar with the new Touch Pro Duo infotainment system featuring two high-definition 10-inch touchscreens, 12 power points and an activity key to unlock the vehicle without the key fob.
Land Rover has revealed its first electrified model in the form of Range Rover Sport PHEV. Land Rover is yet to confirm about the introduction of the facelifted SUV in India. When launched, it will rival the likes of Porsche Cayenne Turbo. The automaker is also gearing up for the launch of Velar in the country.