- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- News No decision to discontinue printing of Rs 2,000 note: Govt
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) celebrates the fifth anniversary of the market launch of BharatBenz trucks.
Since September 2012, the brand has advanced despite adverse conditions and has delivered more than 55,000 trucks to customers across India.
In 2017, DCIV aims to achieve significant growth with BharatBenz. For the first time, the company achieved a double-digit market share in recent months, based on the strong momentum gained with the BS-IV transition.
DCIV has also decided to add a second shift at its truck plant in Oragadam near Chennai. The increase in the output will also cater the growth of the export business of the company.
To commemorate its fifth anniversary in the Indian market, BharatBenz handed over its first Euro-V ready medium-duty trucks to customers. In line with the Euro-V emissions standard, nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions are reduced by more than 40 percent compared to BS-IV.
Head of Daimler Trucks Asia, Marc Llistosella said, "In just five years, we have firmly established BharatBenz as an aspirational brand in the world's toughest commercial vehicle market. We thank our loyal customers and partners for making this unprecedented ramp-up happen with us."
Managing Director and CEO, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles, Erich Nesselhauf said, "We continue on our sustainable growth track with BharatBenz. Customer demand has been particularly strong in the 16-49 tonnes segment, further extending our position as the clear number three in heavy-duty trucks."
BharatBenz entered the Indian market in September 2012. The brand achieved its first milestone by delivering 10,000 trucks in April 2014. The company was also ahead of its competitors during the transition from BS-III to BS-IV.