- 38 min ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 19 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Sports Swimmers Srihari Nataraj, Maana Patel nominated for Universality places in Tokyo Olympics
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Finance Best Focused Equity Funds For Aggressive Long Term Investors By ICICI Direct
- Movies KRK Will Stop Reviewing If Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Dhawan Star In His Film To ‘Save Bollywood'
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- News Baba Ka Dhaba owner’s condition stable, moved out of ICU
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna, Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Tara Sutaria Make Us Want To Buy A Satin Slip Dress
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter posted its highest-ever monthly sales in April 2021. The electric scooter from the Pune-based two-wheeler manufacturer has registered 508 units in the last month.
In comparison, the Chetak registered just 90 units in the month of March 2021. This is a whopping (MoM) Month-on-Month growth of 464 per cent. The reason behind the increased sales of the electric scooter is because the company had recently opened the bookings for Chetak last month and closed it after just 48 hours.
The Chetak primarily rivals the TVS iQube electric scooter in the country. These are two electric scooters that are offered by the mainstream two-wheeler manufacturers in the country. Bajaj Chetak has outsold the TVS iQube in April 2021.
|Electric Scooter||Apr-21||Mar-21||Difference||Growth (%)|
The TVS iQube has registered 307 units of sales in the last month. This is a decrease of over 13 per cent as compared to the sales figure from March 2021, which stood at 355 units. The Chetak sold 101 units more than the iQube in April 2021.
According to the report from Rushlane, the Chetak electric scooter sales between January and April 2021 has registered a total of 778 units. This is lower than the TVS iQube sales which stand at 1076 units.
|Sales 2021||Bajaj Chetak||TVS Iqube||Difference|
Catering to the growing demand for electric two-wheelers in the country, both Bajaj and TVS are gearing up to launch their electric scooter in other cities across the country. Bajaj Chetak will soon be available in two new cities.
The company has also increased the prices of the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is offered in two variants: Urbane and Premium. The Urbane variant now costs Rs 1.42 lakh. While the top-spec Premium variant costs Rs 1.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Bangalore) — here are all the details.
On the other hand, TVS is looking to expand sales of the iQube to 20 cities across the country. The TVS iQube electric scooter retails at Rs 1.20 lakh and Rs 1.08 lakh on-road in Bangalore and Delhi, respectively.
Joining these two e-scooters will be the new long-range electric scooter from Simple Energy. The company is all set to launch its first product in the Indian market on Indian Independence Day this year. It is expected to be priced starting from Rs 1.1 lakh.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Chetak Registering Highest Monthly Sales
The demand for Bajaj Chetak along with other premium electric scooters have increased in the Indian market. The Chetak has outsold the iQube in the last month. However, the TVS iQube still has the upper hand in cumulative sales over the Chetak for the 2021 calendar year.