- 1 hr ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 17 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- 21 hrs ago TVS Ventures Into Personal E-Mobility Business With EGO Movement; All-Cash Deal Through Its Subsidiary
- Movies Govinda's Wife Sunita Ahuja Praises Her Other Nephew Vinay Anand Amidst Feud With Krushna Abhishek
- Technology Reliance Jio Offering Extra Data With Three Prepaid Plans
- Finance Gold Rates Are Falling, Is It The Right Time To Buy After The Fall?
- Sports Dhoni as mentor will benefit bowling unit as well as help introvert players blossom: Sehwag
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
- News Amid reports of his resignation, Amarinder Singh to address media shortly
- Education KEAM 2021 Result Declared For Engineering Entrance Exam, Check Direct Link Here
- Travel 10 Stunning Places To Visit In Winter In Kerala
Bajaj Auto will be launching the Chetak electric scooter in two new cities in the country. Hyderabad and Chennai will be the next two cities receiving the electric scooter from the brand. The company is to announce the exact launch timelines for the electric scooter in new cities.
However, the company has asked customers in both cities to register for the electric scooter on the brand's website. The Bajaj Chetak EV is currently being sold in Pune and Bangalore. Booking for the electric scooter was open for 48 hours before it was closed again.
The company has also increased the prices of the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is offered in two variants: Urbane and Premium. The Urbane variant now costs Rs 1.42 lakh. While the top-spec Premium variant costs Rs 1.44 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Bangalore).
The electric scooter was first launched last year at an introductory starting price of Rs 1 lakh (Urbane) and Rs 1.15 lakh (Premium). This makes the electric scooter variants Rs 27,000 and Rs 24,000 more expensive, respectively.
The electric scooters are being sold exclusively across all KTM dealerships in both cities. The electric scooter will retail in the same fashion in the new cities as well.
Speaking about the scooter itself, the Chetak electric consists of a 4kW electric motor coupled to a 3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces a peak torque of 16Nm and offers a maximum riding range of 95km on a single charge.
The electric scooter also comes equipped with fast-charging technology. The company claims that the scooter will have enough juice to travel 25kms with an hour of charge.
Some of the features of the Chetak EV include round-shaped LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillights and turn indicators, digital instrument cluster, feather-touch activated switches, and chrome surrounds for the headlamps; among others.
Suspension on the scooter is handled by a single side tubular suspension at the front, and a mono-shock set up at the rear. Braking on the electric scooter is done via a disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the rear.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Chetak Electric To Launch In Hyderabad & Chennai
After being on sale for over a year, the Chetak electric scooter will be entering two new cities in the country. There is a strong demand for electric scooters across India. Whether the company will decide to launch the Chetak electric with a new price tag or will it have an introductory offer in new cities remains to be seen.