- 2 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 14 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 17 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 23 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- News Name, patronage of PM Modi enough to win UP polls says aide
- Sports Exciting heavyweight contenders bout headlines UFC Vegas 30
- Lifestyle Here Is The Difference Between Immunisation Vaccination, Inoculation
- Finance Buy Reliance Industries Stock, Says Motilal Oswal
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Got His First Break In Bollywood With Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai Due To Dabboo Ratnani; Here's How!
- Technology Facebook Audio Rooms Rolls Out With Clubhouse-Like Features; Can It Beat Competition?
- Education Bihar DElEd Registration 2022 Begins, Apply Before July 5
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Bangalore-based electric scooter manufacturer, Simple Energy is all set to launch its product to the Indian market. The company will be launching its flagship long-range electric scooter code-named Mark2 on August 15, 2021.
The company has chosen Indian Independence Day to mark this momentous occasion. According to the statement issued by Simple Energy, the upcoming electric scooter could be offered in a couple of variants.
The Mark-2 electric scooter will be priced between Rs 1.1 lakh and Rs 1.2 lakh, ex-showroom. The company has announced that the electric scooter will be launched in Bangalore and will expand to Chennai Hyderbad and other South Indian cities in the country.
The new scooter is based on the brand's prototype Mark1 scooter developed last year. However, the company now is all set to release the production version of the scooter in the country in August.
As per the product specs revealed, the Mark 2 will have a 4.8 kWh lithium-ion battery. The scooter will feature a maximum claimed range of 240 kilometres in eco mode on a single battery charge.
The upcoming scooter can accelerate from 0 to 50kmph in 3.6 seconds and feature a top speed of 100kmph. This could make it the fastest electric scooter sold in the country taking the title away from Ather 450x's top speed of 85kmph.
Other key features a mid-drive motor along with a removable battery and futuristic design. It also comes with smart features like a touch screen, onboard navigation, Bluetooth, etc. According to the company, the e-scooter will have the largest boot space that the Indian EV industry has ever seen.
The company has also announced that the scooter is built in India from the scratch. Simple Energy's R&D centre and manufacturing facility are located in Bangalore. The production facility in Whitefield, Bangalore will start to function with a maximum production capacity of 50,000 units annually. The state-of-the-art facility will also be used to produce further products in the brand's pipeline.
The company is working on an innovative product that features a unique powertrain paired with software, which according to the company will make the upcoming scooter the smartest product. They also state that the new technology will be the base for developing the upcoming products in the pipeline.
Simple Energy is looking to raise Series A funding of $15 mn in the third quarter of this year and has released the vehicle testing images. The startup is also looking to deploy charging stations in Bangalore before the launch.
Speaking on this announcement, Mr Suhas Rajkumar, Founder, and CEO of Simple Energy said, "We are thrilled to be announcing the launch date. 15th August is a significant milestone for the nation, Simple Energy aims at creating history with a world-class product made by an Indian Company. Due to the ongoing second wave of COVID-19, we have chosen this date by hoping that the situation would get better. We look forward to the remarkable journey ahead."
Thoughts About The Simple Energy Electric Scooter India Launch On August 15
Simple Energy is all set to enter India's most competitive automotive segment. The upcoming electric scooter from Simple Energy promises a brilliant range for a single battery charge. Once launched, the new electric scooter will rival the Ather 450X, Bajaj Chetak and the TVS iQube premium electric scooter sold in the Indian market.