- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 19 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 24 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 2 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT’s Pratik Sehajpal & Neha Bhasin React To Social Media Trolls On Their Bond; Read Statements
- Sports IPL 2021, PBKS vs RR Stats and Records preview: Gayle, Rahul, Miller close in on milestones
- Technology Moto E40 Leaked Poster Reveals 90Hz Display, 48MP Camera; Better Than Competition?
- News Pornography Case: Raj Kundra walks out of jail after 2 months
- Finance SBI Vs RBL Vs Axis Vs DCB Vs HDFC Vs IDFC First Bank: Latest FD Rates Here
- Education International Day of Peace 2021: Know Why World Peace Day Is Celebrated
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Nutritional Care And Challenges In Feeding A Patient With Alzheimer’s
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
Dao EV Tech is the latest brand in EV Town. Electric Vehicles were earlier touted to be the future, and now it seems like we're living in that future. In an ocean of EV startups, only a few brands stand out and shine through. Hyderabad-based Dao EV Tech certainly seems to be one among them.
It was only a couple of months ago that the EV manufacturer made headlines with its range of scooters being launched. In April 2021, within a time span of two days, Dao EV launched four electric scooters in India.
The Dao Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 and Zor 405 are slow-speed electric scooters designed for varied usage patterns while the 703 is the sole high-speed scooter. These scooters might not have received as much attention as the scooters from a few other brands. But, the technology used in them certainly deserves all the attention.
Dao EV Tech is a Chinese EV manufacturer that has launched its Indian operations from its base in Hyderabad. It aims at maturing the EV industry in India and manufactures scooters at its facility in Hyderabad.
A quick look at Dao's range of electric vehicles reveals that the brand certainly has an eye for detail. The scooters definitely look good, but the technology used by the brand is even better. Dao EV Tech uses Lithium-Ferrous-Phosphate batteries and these are said to be significantly more advanced than Lithium-Ion batteries.
Battery technology has come a long way in the last few years. Lithium-ion batteries are now standard across the entire range of electric vehicles sold in India. But a few manufacturers are going further ahead in this area. Dao EV Tech's Lithium-Ferrous-Phosphate batteries are a perfect example of the same.
The founder of Dao EV Tech started the development of the battery technology at Stanford University. It further developed during his time at Tesla when he headed the R&D for the Tesla Model 3. As a result, we now have revolutionary battery technology being used on some affordable scooters in India.
Lithium-Ferrous-Phosphate batteries have the unique character of being able to deliver power and endurance consistently irrespective of the weather conditions and atmospheric temperature.
Dao scooters also come with features like battery logs, overcharge protection, temperature protection, etc. The scooters are loaded with lots of features and come packed with technology.
The 703 is currently the flagship scooter of Dao EV Tech. It has a claimed range of 100 kilometres and a top speed of 70km/h. Other than this, the scooter also comes with several features including a 9-inch LCD instrument cluster, 28-litre underseat storage, reverse mode, real-time vehicle diagnostics, keyless entry, etc.
The brand is currently building a dealership network and the scooters will be made available across India in stages, beginning with its home states of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
Dao EV Tech recently entered into a strategic partnership with Avon, one of the leading bicycle manufacturers in India. Through this partnership, Dao will gain access to the top OEM suppliers in the country and hence provide more localisation.
Thoughts On Dao EV Tech & Its Advanced Lithium-Ferrous-Phosphate Battery Tech
The tech used by Dao in its scooters is certainly a gamechanger in the EV industry. However, only time will reveal if the EV manufacturer will be able to create an impact in terms of sales and market penetration as competition in the segment is higher today than ever before.