- 12 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- 15 hrs ago TVS Ventures Into Personal E-Mobility Business With EGO Movement; All-Cash Deal Through Its Subsidiary
- 18 hrs ago Tata Safari Gold Edition Launched In India At Rs 21.89 Lakh: Two Variants, Leather Seats Available
- 20 hrs ago Ather Energy Opens Its Biggest Retail Showroom In Coimbatore; Third Ather Space In Tamilnadu
- News Akhilesh cautions SP workers against e-Ravans
- Finance PNB Cuts Interest Rate On Home Loans Above Rs 50 lakh By 0.5%
- Technology iQOO Z5 India Launch Confirmed: Will Be An Amazon Exclusive
- Movies Shilpa Shetty Shares An Inspirational Post, Hints Towards 'New Endings' And 'Moving Forward'
- Sports Mack is back! Vinales tops Day 1 at Misano
- Lifestyle Ananta Chaturdashi 2021: Check Out Ganesh Visarjan 2021 Date, Puja Time And Significance
- Travel 10 Stunning Places To Visit In Winter In Kerala
- Education AFCAT Result 2021: Check IAF AFCAT Exam Result 2021 Link And Cut-off
DAO has introduced three new low-speed electric scooters in the Indian market. This comes just a day after the Chinese brand introduced the DAO 703 electric scooter in the Indian market. Now the brand has introduced the Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108, and ZOR 405 low-speed electric scooters in India.
Many start-ups are capitalising on electric mobility, the hottest segment nowadays seems to be the low-speed electric scooters. This segment has been steadily rising in India as the demand for these scooters are rising in tier-1 and tier-2 cities for B2B and B2C business purposes.
DAO EV Tech has now introduced 3-new low-speed electric scooters in this highly competitive segment. The advantage of low-speed electric scooters is due to their lower initial cost and the rider usually does not need a license to legally ride it on our roads.
The three low-speed electric scooters launched by DAO EV Tech are almost identical underneath but the Vidyut 106 and 108 variants are aimed for personal transportation purposes as opposed to the commercial-friendly and rugged layout of ZOR 405.
All three EVs utilise a 250W electric motor, and powering the electric motor is a 1.38kWh battery. The top speed is capped at 25kmph and the claimed range on a single charge is around 80kms for Vidyut 106 and 108.
Due to the relatively higher kerb weight, the claimed range for the utilitarian looking ZOR 405 is a little lower, at 70 kilometres. Between the Vidyut 106 and 108, The Vidyut 106 looks more premium with its pillion backrest, LED indicators and LED tail lamps.
The Vidyut 108, on the other hand, looks slimmer and is compact in size, it also lacks premium touches like LED indicators and tail lamps. However, both scooters come with LED headlamps as standard equipment.
Thoughts On DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Electric Scooter Being Launched In India
The new low-speed scooters from DAO EV Tech are a testament to the demand for these types of electric scooters in India. It is good to see many manufacturers doing their part to cater to the demand and also to make the environment greener and cleaner.