- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
BMW Motorrad India has announced that the pre-launch bookings for the BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS BS6 models will start from September 1, 2020. The motorcycles can be booked online through an enquiry form or at any authorised dealerships across the country.
Ahead of the launch, BMW has also announced that India will be the first country to get the updated G 310 R and G 310 GS BS6 models. As a result, the global launch of these motorcycles will be happening in the country soon.
According to the company, the BMW G 310 R and the BMW G 310 GS motorcycles have been driving maximum sales for the brand in the Indian market. They account for over 85 per cent of total annual sales.
Mr Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India, said, "BMW Motorrad India has built a very robust position among motorcycling enthusiasts in India. With the BMW G 310 bikes, thousands of riding enthusiasts have entered the premium world of BMW Motorrad to explore riding in a completely different way. These two bikes offer a true BMW experience at competitive costs."
He further added, "Refined, redefined and reenergized, the BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS are now back in new BS-VI compliant variants. With the pre-launch bookings, customers and riding enthusiasts have a chance to secure the purchase ahead of the launch and be the first in the world to ride these new bikes on the roads."
The G 310 R and the G 310 GS BS6 models have been spied testing in India ahead of launch. The spy images revealed a couple of new cosmetic changes that will be made to both motorcycles especially at the front.
According to recent reports, both motorcycles are expected to become significantly cheaper as compared to their BS4 counterparts. This could be due to the increased localization in manufacturing by the company.
Both the motorcycles are expected to feature an updated version of the same engine that powered the BS4 models. BMW could make use of the reworked BS6 Apache RR 310 engine. The 312cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine will continue to produce 34bhp at 9,700rpm and 28Nm of peak torque at 7,700rpm paired with a six-speed manual gearbox.
Apart from the pre-launch booking announcement, BMW also announced its extension of Financial Services in India to offer customized and flexible financial solutions for the upcoming motorcycles. Customers can also get their loans pre-approved before delivery takes place.
The company will also offer all BMW Motorrad motorcycles with a standard warranty for three years covering unlimited kilometres. Additionally, customers can also purchase an extended warranty for the fourth and fifth year. BMW is also offering (RSA) Road-Side Assistance to provide support in case of breakdown and towing situations.
The BMW G 310 R rivals the KTM Duke 390, and the Honda CB 300R; among others in the country. While the BMW G 310 GS primarily rivals the Royal Enfiled Himalayan, buyers looking for an affordable off-road motorcycle will consider the less powerful Hero Xpulse 200 as well as the feature-packed KTM Adventure 390 which offer maximum performance.
Thoughts About The BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS BS6 Models Pre-Bookings
The BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS are arriving at the right time in the market, with festive season started in India. It will help boost sales for the brand. If the reports were true about prices getting reduced, it will also attract more customers upgrading to the premium brand in the country.