- 11 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 15 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Bajaj is working on updating its flagship model, the Dominar 400, to meet the upcoming BS6 emission norms. The specs of the upcoming motorcycle have been leaked online ahead of its launch next month.
According to the reports from NDTV Auto, the upcoming BS6 Dominar 400 specs have been leaked online. The specs reveal that the motorcycle will continue to feature the 373cc engine, which is updated to meet the BS6 emission standards.
Bajaj Auto has managed to bring the same power output from the updated engine. It churns out 39.4bhp at 8,800rpm, and a peak torque of 35Nm at 7,000rpm. The power figures remain the same as on the BS4 model, but kicks in at 150rpm higher than before. The gearbox continues to be a six-speed transmission with assisted slipper clutch.
Apart from an updated engine, the motorcycle remains the same in-terms of dimension and features. The motorcycle measures 2,156mm in length, 836mm in width, 1,112mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 1,453mm. The Dominar 400 sits at 157mm off the ground and weighs 184kgs (Dry).
The Bajaj Dominar 400 features a muscular styling with up-right ergonomics. This makes the motorcycle suitable for long journeys as well. It also features LED lighting across the motorcycle, a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a twin-barrel exhaust.
The Dominar 400 features 43mm Up-Side Down forks at the front, and an adjustable mono-shock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 320mm disc at the front and a 230mm disc at the rear, with dual-channel ABS as standard. It features 17-inch alloy wheels, shod with MRF tyres at both ends.
Bajaj had updated the Dominar 400 recently to develop more power from the 373cc engine. The company managed to achieve this via an ECU upgrade which increased the power output by 5bhp. This brings the Dominar's engine closer in terms of power to the one it is based on, the KTM Duke 390's unit.
In other news, Bajaj has also launched the Dominar 250 motorcycle in India. The all-new motorcycle is inspired by its elder sibling in terms of design, features and mechanical components — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Dominar 400 Specs Leaked
Bajaj has managed to update their flagship model to BS6 standards without the loss of engine power. This is a commendable job by the brand considering how difficult it is to keep the same power figures after the shift from BS4 to BS6. However, we would like to see the Domniar's power to weight ratio increase by reducing the motorcycle's weight and offer features like smartphone connectivity as well.