- 23 min ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 3 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 19 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- News Dual airbags compulsory for front passenger seat in all new cars from April 1
- Finance Difference Between 24K Gold and 22K Gold?
- Movies Sidharth Shukla Praises Shehnaaz Gill; Says She Was Good In 'Fly' & Is Proud Of Her
- Sports Rumour Has It: Bayern lead Koulibaly race, Man City favourites to sign Haaland
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Bajaj is working on updating its flagship model, the Dominar 400, to meet the upcoming BS6 emission norms. The specs of the upcoming motorcycle have been leaked online ahead of its launch next month.
According to the reports from NDTV Auto, the upcoming BS6 Dominar 400 specs have been leaked online. The specs reveal that the motorcycle will continue to feature the 373cc engine, which is updated to meet the BS6 emission standards.
Bajaj Auto has managed to bring the same power output from the updated engine. It churns out 39.4bhp at 8,800rpm, and a peak torque of 35Nm at 7,000rpm. The power figures remain the same as on the BS4 model, but kicks in at 150rpm higher than before. The gearbox continues to be a six-speed transmission with assisted slipper clutch.
Apart from an updated engine, the motorcycle remains the same in-terms of dimension and features. The motorcycle measures 2,156mm in length, 836mm in width, 1,112mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 1,453mm. The Dominar 400 sits at 157mm off the ground and weighs 184kgs (Dry).
The Bajaj Dominar 400 features a muscular styling with up-right ergonomics. This makes the motorcycle suitable for long journeys as well. It also features LED lighting across the motorcycle, a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a twin-barrel exhaust.
The Dominar 400 features 43mm Up-Side Down forks at the front, and an adjustable mono-shock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 320mm disc at the front and a 230mm disc at the rear, with dual-channel ABS as standard. It features 17-inch alloy wheels, shod with MRF tyres at both ends.
Bajaj had updated the Dominar 400 recently to develop more power from the 373cc engine. The company managed to achieve this via an ECU upgrade which increased the power output by 5bhp. This brings the Dominar's engine closer in terms of power to the one it is based on, the KTM Duke 390's unit.
In other news, Bajaj has also launched the Dominar 250 motorcycle in India. The all-new motorcycle is inspired by its elder sibling in terms of design, features and mechanical components — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Dominar 400 Specs Leaked
Bajaj has managed to update their flagship model to BS6 standards without the loss of engine power. This is a commendable job by the brand considering how difficult it is to keep the same power figures after the shift from BS4 to BS6. However, we would like to see the Domniar's power to weight ratio increase by reducing the motorcycle's weight and offer features like smartphone connectivity as well.