- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Bajaj Auto has confirmed that a new Bajaj Dominar 250 will be unveiled during March this year. The news is exciting, and has got the industry speculating that the motorcycle will launch this April.
The company has been testing a 250cc Dominar for a while now. The motorcycles have been spotted testing on multiple occasions. The Dominar 250 is a smaller capacity machine that uses the 400cc's underpinnings, and borrows its power unit from the KTM Duke 250.
Expectations are that the Bajaj Dominar 250 will feature a telescopic forks, and a box-section swingarm in order to keep costs at a minimum. The motorcycle could also arrive with a smaller set of disc brakes.
The motorcycle is also expected to feature an LED headlamp unit, a dual instrument console, a smaller rear tyre, and of course, dual-channel ABS will be offered as a standard.
The new Dominar will feature a 249cc single-cylinder engine that powers the KTM Duke 250. While the engine produces 30 brake horsepower and 24Nm of torque for KTM, it will arrive in a de-tuned state for the Dominar 250.
The upcoming Bajaj Dominar is expected to be priced roughly between Rs 1.45 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh, ex-showroom, in order to keep it competitively priced to fight in the 250cc segment.
In Bajaj related news, the company recently launched the Pulsar 150 BS6 models in India starting at Rs 94,956 ex-showroom, Delhi. The Pulsar 150 is available in two variants - Pulsar 150, and Pulsar 150 Twin Disc.
The motorcycle features a new fuel-injection system that was designed and developed in-house, and the company says that the new tech allows for excellent power delivery and better fuel efficiency. TO read more about the Pulsar 150 BS6, click here.
Thoughts About Bajaj Confirming The Dominar 250's Debut For March This Year
Well, we think Bajaj really needs to put the Dominar on a weight loss program. For reference sake, the KTM 390 weighs in at 163 kilograms (curb); and the Dominar 400 at 184 kilograms.
KTM's Duke 250 weighs in at 161 kilograms, meaning the Dominar is likely to weigh closer to the 175 kilogram mark. Considering they're using the same engines (although detuned), we can't figure out why Bajaj makes most of their performance oriented motorcycles sluggish.