- 26 min ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 59 min ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In A Beautiful Glittering Sari At An Award Show
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Movies Kiara Advani Is A Busy Bee; South Cinema Finding It Hard To Get Her Dates?
- News Indo-US ties on upward trajectory: Jaishankar ahead of PM’s US visit
- Technology Jays m-Seven Truly Wireless Earbuds With 9.5 Hours Battery Life Launched For Rs. 8,999
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Yamaha Motor India is all set to launch the new MT-15 naked sportsbike in the country. Bookings for the same were already started at select dealerships for an amount of Rs 5000, while deliveries are promised to commence in the first week of April.
Now, Zigwheels shares that the new Yamaha MT-15's launch date in India is 15th March 2019.
Images shown are of the Indonesian-spec MT-15
Essentially the naked version of the current YZF-R15 V3.0, the Yamaha MT-15 will be a compelling choice in the booming 150-160cc motorcycle category of the Indian market. The motorcycle was spotted a few times on India roads in a test mule avatar and Yamaha's Indian dealers were recently given an exclusive preview of the MT-15 as well.
The Yamaha MT-15 will be sold alongside the new FZ range; two of the best sports commuters on the market. Many are in the opinion that the MT-15 will be a threat to the new Yamaha FZ models' market (or vice-versa), even though there will be a considerable price difference between each other. Furthermore, there is a more powerful variant of the Yamaha FZ coming.
The India-spec Yamaha MT-15 comes with a higher-positioned handlebar and rear foot pegs compared to the international variant. Other features include a full-LED headlamp, split-seats, digital instrument console, slipper-clutch (a highlight of the R15 V3.0), dual-channel ABS, etc.
Powering the Yamaha MT-15 is the familiar 155cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected single-cylinder engine that makes 19.3bhp at 10,000rpm and 15Nm of torque at 8500rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed transmission and is easily the best in its class.
With a wheelbase of 1335mm and a kerb weight of around 135kg, the Yamaha MT-15 promises a unique riding experience. The Indian version will be available in four colour choices: Blue, Black, Grey-Black and Blue/Black.
The expected pricing of the Yamaha MT-15 is in the range of Rs 1.20-1.40 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Once launched, it will be a strong rival to the relatively-bigger-capacity motorcycles coming in this price range; including the Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and TVS Apache RTR 200 4V. Even the new KTM 125 Duke will offer some competition.
Thoughts On The New Yamaha MT-15
It is only recently when Yamaha Motor India updated their entire line-up with ABS alongside the launch of the new Yamaha FZ model range. However, all eyes are on the Yamaha MT-15. The three generations of the Yamaha YZF-R15 have made their presence felt in India and the wait for the R15's naked version started long back. What are your thoughts on the 'naked R15' aka the Yamaha MT-15? Let us know in the comment section below.