TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
The upcoming Yamaha MT-15 has been spied testing in India. The Yamaha MT-15 is a naked version of the popular YZF-R15 V3.0. This is the first time the MT-15 has been spotted testing in the country, suggesting a launch very soon.
The spy pics of Yamaha MT-15 showcases certain cost-cuttings made by the brand for the Indian-spec motorcycle. The spy images reveal conventional telescopic front forks and a box-section swingarm. For comparison, the international-spec MT-15 offers USD forks and an aluminium swingarm. These changes are mainly to allow Yamaha to price the motorcycle, competitively in the Indian market.
In terms of styling, the Yamaha MT-15 will offer an aggressive design with sharp lines all-around. The MT-15 will feature full LED-headlights, a muscular fuel tank and tank shrouds. Being a naked streetfighter motorcycle, the Yamaha MT-15 will come with an upright riding position with slightly rear-set footpegs.
The Yamaha MT-15 will come powered by the same 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine seen on the YZF-R15 V3.0. The engine produces 19.3bhp and 14.7Nm of torque and will be mated to a six-speed gearbox with slipper-clutch as standard.
The spy pics also reveal disc brakes at both ends, which will be 282mm at the front and 220mm at the rear. The Yamaha MT-15 will feature dual-channel ABS, similar to the one recently introduced on the YZF-R15 V3.0.
As mentioned before, the India-spec Yamaha MT-15 will come with telescopic front forks and a monoshock suspension at the rear. The motorcycle will ride on the same 17-inch wheels as seen on the R15 as well.
Thoughts On the India-Spec Yamaha MT-15 Spied In India
Yamaha MT-15 has been spotted on Indian soil for the first time. The spy images hint that Yamaha might launch the MT-15 soon, probably by end-January. Once launched in India, the Yamaha MT-15 will directly rival the likes KTM Duke 125 and the Duke 200. Yamaha is expected to price the MT-15 at around the Rs 1.2 lakh to Rs 1.3 lakh range.