- 47 min ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- Sports Imran Khan promises to make Pakistan the best cricket team in the world
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Technology Vodafone Rs. 205, Rs. 225 Prepaid Plans Launched For Select Subscribers
- Lifestyle 60 Birds Fall To Death From Sky; Mass Poisoning Suspected
- Movies This Video Of Salman Khan Dancing With His Mother To Sia's 'Cheap Thrills' Is Too Cute To Handle!
- News Chandrayaan-2 launch successful, 'Bahubali' GSLVMk-3 places payload in GTO precisely
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
According to AutoCar Professional, TVS Motor Company will introduce a new motorcycle under the alliance it has with BMW Motorrad. Although there are no details about the product, the publication says that it will be launched during the current financial year. The motorcycle could be either a naked sport or an adventure.
The new, to-be-launched motorcycle will be a TVS product and will be retailed along with the Apache RR310. It will feature the underpinnings and the engine with the RR310. That is a 313cc single-cylinder liquid cooled DOHC, four valve reverse inclined engine that produces 33bhp of power @ 9700 rpm and 27.3Nm of torque @ 7,700rpm.
The engine featured on the new product will be BS-VI compliant, and may also see a change in gear ratios. Hardware specs are expected to match those of the TVS Apache RR310. The motorcycle is expected to feature 41mm inverted telescopic front forks and a mono-shock at the rear. Suspension travel will depend on the style of the motorcycle.
If the new machine is a naked roadster, it may feature the same travel as the RR310 does. However, if the motorcycle is an adventurer, it will feature longer travel. Braking duties are expected to be handled by a 300mm disc brake in the front and a 240mm disc brake at the rear. Dual channel ABS will be offered as a standard. The motorcycle is also expected to feature a vertically stacked digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity.
Like the Apache RR310, the new, soon-to-be launched motorcycle will feature LED lights at the front and the rear. Once launched, it will compete against the KTM Duke 390, the Bajaj Dominar 400, and the BMW G 310 R.
The Apache RR310 retails at Rs 2.13 lakh, ex-showroom (India), and we expect the new motorcycle to be retails around the same figures.
Thoughts About TVS Launching One More Motorcycle Under The BMW Alliance
Well, we think TVS needs to concentrate on giving the Apache RR310 a new life. The motorcycle has not done very well for TVS and their sales figures are fairly low. We feel the Apache RR310 still has potential to make it big. Having said that, let us see what TVS launches next. With most manufacturers launching adventure motorcycles, we have a feeling TVS is making an entry in to the segment.