- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports Cricket World Cup: India's variety in bowling makes it strong title contender, says Ian Chappell
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
According to AutoCar Professional, TVS Motor Company will introduce a new motorcycle under the alliance it has with BMW Motorrad. Although there are no details about the product, the publication says that it will be launched during the current financial year. The motorcycle could be either a naked sport or an adventure.
The new, to-be-launched motorcycle will be a TVS product and will be retailed along with the Apache RR310. It will feature the underpinnings and the engine with the RR310. That is a 313cc single-cylinder liquid cooled DOHC, four valve reverse inclined engine that produces 33bhp of power @ 9700 rpm and 27.3Nm of torque @ 7,700rpm.
The engine featured on the new product will be BS-VI compliant, and may also see a change in gear ratios. Hardware specs are expected to match those of the TVS Apache RR310. The motorcycle is expected to feature 41mm inverted telescopic front forks and a mono-shock at the rear. Suspension travel will depend on the style of the motorcycle.
If the new machine is a naked roadster, it may feature the same travel as the RR310 does. However, if the motorcycle is an adventurer, it will feature longer travel. Braking duties are expected to be handled by a 300mm disc brake in the front and a 240mm disc brake at the rear. Dual channel ABS will be offered as a standard. The motorcycle is also expected to feature a vertically stacked digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity.
Like the Apache RR310, the new, soon-to-be launched motorcycle will feature LED lights at the front and the rear. Once launched, it will compete against the KTM Duke 390, the Bajaj Dominar 400, and the BMW G 310 R.
The Apache RR310 retails at Rs 2.13 lakh, ex-showroom (India), and we expect the new motorcycle to be retails around the same figures.
Thoughts About TVS Launching One More Motorcycle Under The BMW Alliance
Well, we think TVS needs to concentrate on giving the Apache RR310 a new life. The motorcycle has not done very well for TVS and their sales figures are fairly low. We feel the Apache RR310 still has potential to make it big. Having said that, let us see what TVS launches next. With most manufacturers launching adventure motorcycles, we have a feeling TVS is making an entry in to the segment.