- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Technology Vodafone Idea Plans To Sell Optic Fiber Arm, Navi Mumbai Data Centre: Report
- News International Mountain Day 2019: History, theme, and importance of this day
- Lifestyle Cats' Shocking And Funny Reaction When They See Cat Filter On Owners' Faces
- Sports Was a mistake, hoping for light punishment - Shooter Ravi Kumar on doping violation
- Movies Gauri Khan-Karan Johar's Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Recreation Leaves Shah Rukh Khan Embarrassed!
- Finance PC Jeweller Shares Sink 9% After Care Ratings Downgrades Its FD To CARE D FD
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The list of the top-10 best-selling two-wheelers in India for October 2019 has been released. The top-10 list of best-selling bikes and scooters showcase the Honda Activa topping the list, followed by the Hero Splendor.
The Honda Activa is currently the best-selling two-wheeler in the Indian market. The scooter registered 2,81,273 units of sales in the month of October 2019. This is a 7.25% increase from its sales during the same month last year when it recorded 2,62,260 units of sales.
The Honda Activa has been in the Indian market now for over a decade, receiving a number of updates and changes over the years. The Activa 125 version of the scooter is also the first BS-VI compliant two-wheeler to be launched in India.
Following closely behind the Honda Activa sales is the Hero Splendor. The Hero Splendor is the best-selling motorcycle in the Indian market with sales of 2,64,137 units in the previous month. This is a decline of 1.58% from October 2018, when it registered a slightly higher sales number of 2,68,377 units.
Third, on the list is the Hero HF Deluxe. This is yet another commuter-level motorcycle bringing consistent volume sales to Hero MotoCorp, apart from the Splendor. The Hero HF Deluxe in October 2019 registered sales of 1,85751 units of sales. This is a drop of a little over 7% compared to October last year when it registered 2,00,312 units of sales.
The Bajaj Pulsar range comes in fourth place on the list. The Pulsar range is among the most recognised motorcycle names in the country, starting off the affordable sportsbike segment in India.
The Pulsar range registered 95,509 units of sales last month; a 5.63% increase from 90,363 units in October 2018. The Bajaj Pulsar range consists of the 125, 150, NS160, 180F, NS200, RS200 and the 220F.
The Honda CB Shine completes the top-five on the list with 87,743 units of sales in October 2019. The CB Shine is a slightly premium commuter motorcycle offering from the Japanese brand in the Indian market.
Honda recently launched the BS-VI version of the motorcycle in India, named as the SP 125. The Honda SP 125 is the second BS-VI compliant model from the brand after the Activa 125 — here are all the details from the launch.
|3||Hero HF Deluxe||1,85,751||2,00,312||-7.27|
|5||Honda CB Shine||87,743||91,319||-3.92|
|9||TVS Luna XL Super||60,174||82,357||-26.94|
In sixth and seventh position on the list are the TVS Jupiter and the Bajaj Platina. The TVS Jupiter is the second best-selling scooter in the list, dominated by motorcycles. The Jupiter registered sales of 74,560 units last month. This is, however, a massive decline of 27% from October 2018 when it registered 1,02.132 units of sales.
Moving on to another commuter-level motorcycle, the Bajaj Platina. This motorcycle has been almost consistent in its sales over the past year, declining by only a marginal 4% from 74,064 units last year to 70,466 units in the previous month.
The bottom three on the list is made up of the Bajaj CT100, TVS Luna XL and the Suzuki Access 125, respectively in that order. The Bajaj CT100 registered 61,483 units of sales; with the TVS Luna XL Super following close behind with 60,174 units in the previous month. Both offerings recorded a substantial decline over the past year.
The Suzuki Access 125 though, registered a growth of 18.77% to register 53,552 units if sales last month; this compared to 45,090 units last October. The Suzuki Access 125 though is the best-selling scooter in the premium 125cc segment, outselling even the Honda Activa 125.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For October 2019
The Honda Activa and the Hero Splendor continue to dominate the two-wheeler segment in the Indian market. Both two-wheelers have become household names in the market, bringing in consistent large volume sales to their respective brands in India.