- 2 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 19 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 2 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 3 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Finance Donald Trump Calls For World Bank To Stop Lending To China
- News Never approved mercy plea, says Nirbhaya convict
- Sports Cricket Australia promise 'international standard' wicket for Boxing Day Test
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez, Nushrat Bharucha Give Us Winter-perfect And Summer-ideal Airport Attire Goals
- Movies Arjun Suravaram Box Office Verdict: Nikhil Siddharth Starrer Emerges As A Hit!
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Royal Enfield sales for the month of June 2019, showcases a slowdown; in trend with the current auto industry in the country. The Chennai-based bike manufacturer has recorded a decline of 24 per cent in the month of June 2019.
For a better understanding, here is a model-wise break-up of the sales performance from each of the products from the Royal Enfield lineup.
|Royal Enfield||Jun-19 ||Jun-18 ||YoY Diff % |
|Bullet 350||10,000 ||10,044 ||-0.44 |
|Classic 350||33,790 ||50,426 ||-32.99 |
|Electra 350||2,694 ||2,985 ||-9.75 |
|Thunderbird 350||4,749 ||5,232 ||-9.23 |
|Thunderbird 500||97 ||347 ||-72.05 |
|Bullet 500 ||138 ||284 ||-51.41 |
|Himalayan ||1,223 ||942 ||29.83 |
|Classic 500 ||640 ||2,328 ||-72.51 |
|650 Twins ||1,751 ||- ||- |
As seen from the table, most of the Royal Enfield models have been witnessing a slowdown in demand; some more than others. This includes popular models such as the Classic 350, whose sales have declined by 33 per cent from 50,426 units in June 2018 to 33,790 units in the previous month.
Other models witnessing a major decline are the Thunderbird 350 & 500, Classic 500 and the Electra 350. While the Electra and Thunderbird 350 models have declined by just around 9 per cent; the Thunderbird 500 has witnessed a 72 per cent drop in sales to just 97 units in June 2019 from 347 in the same month last year.
The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 also has a similar decline of 51 per cent from 285 to 138 units in June 2018 and June 2019, respectively. The Bullet 350 though, has managed to keep the sales consistent dropping just 0.44 per cent in sales from 10,044 units in June 2018 to 10,000 units last month.
Even the popular, Royal Enfield 650-Twins (Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650) are witnessing a drop in sales. The month-on-month sales of the 650-Twins dropped by 27 per cent. The motorcycles recorded 1,751 units of sales in June 2019, 27 per cent less than 2,427 units in May 2019.
The Royal Enfield Himalayan, however, is the only product from the brand to have recorded a growth in sales; that too by a significant margin of 29 per cent.
The adventure-tourer offering from Royal Enfield, which recorded sales of just 942 units in June 2018, has grown to 1223 units during the same month in June 2019. This can be attributed to the growing popularity of the ADV segment in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Model-Wise Sales Break-Up For June 2019
The auto industry is currently in a slump, with sales of both two and four-wheelers taking a major hit in the past couple of months. However, most automakers are predicting that the industry will soon get back to normal, closer to the year's festive seasons.