- 10 min ago Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo: Are Dealers Installing New Touchscreens?
- 1 hr ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 1 hr ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- Finance People's Bank Of China Divest Stake In HDFC In June Qtr
- News From Bollywood-style arrest to Kanpur encounter: How the events unfolded
- Sports Lockdown days: Sharmila Devi wants to make a difference to Team India once hockey resumes
- Technology Samsung Might Not Bundle Charger With Smartphones From 2021
- Movies Jaaved Jaaferi's Emotional Message For Fans Post Father Jagdeep's Demise: Thank You For Your Love
- Lifestyle Juvenile Rheumatoid Idiopathic Arthritis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Royal Enfield's latest motorcycles, the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 together have crossed 24500 units production numbers. According to the reports from Rushlane, the company has managed to achieve this production milestone with in just six months of the launch.
The brand's entry to the mid-capacity motorcycle segment has been successful. The sweet sounding smooth parallel-twin cylinder engine on both motorcycles combined with aggressive pricing from Royal Enfield made the motorcycles successful.
Last month, Royal Enfield produced 3,993 motorcycles combined, out of which 2,137 units were exported. Remaining 1,856 units was reserved for the domestic market. In recent months, the export percentage for the 650 twins register at 53.52 per cent indicating the increase in demand for the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 overseas.
However, the overall sales of the 650 twins has been drastically down last month due to the current auto slowdown in the country. In August 2019, Royal Enfield produced a total of 4,571 units, 578 motorcycles more than the September.
Both the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 feature a 649cc, air/ oil-cooled parallel-twin engine that produces 47bhp of power and 52Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission with slipper and assist clutch as standard. Both bike also features dual-channel ABS as standard.
The Interceptor 650 and the Continetal GT 650 motorcycle prices start from Rs 2.51 lakh and Rs 2.71 lakh (ex-showroom, India), respectively.
In other news, Royal Enfield has pushed minor changes to the 650cc motorcycles. Both the Interceptor 650 and the Continetal GT 650 receives a new improved lighting — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield 650 Twins Production Milestone
The Bike has attracted a lot of attention majorly being with the powertrain department. The new parallel-twin engine from the bike surely does not carry any typical characteristics of the previous engine from the company. The engine is smooth with a linear power delivery, which is one of the reasons for motorcycle's success.
Also, Royal Enfield managed to price it aggressively with buyers getting a parallel-twin 650cc motorcycle in 2.5 lakhs. We hope the streak continues for the brand and motivate them to confirm the 650cc Himalayan rumours.