- 46 min ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 1 hr ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Time for us to introspect says CPIM
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports Barcelona snap up Dutch teen star Reis from Groningen
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jawa Motorcycles re-entered the Indian motorcycles segment in November with the launch of the Jawa and Jawa Forty-two motorcycles. The two motorcycles came with a price tag of Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Since the time of launch, Jawa has been setting up dealerships across India, before the start of sales or deliveries. However, with most of the dealerships set up, Jawa is said to start deliveries of the two motorcycle from February end or March.
The company has not revealed their sales target, however, sources of Autocar Professional have stated that the target is around 7,500 units per month, which translates to 90,000 units annually. Jawa motorcycles will be manufactured at Mahindra's Pithampur plant in Madhya Pradesh, which has a total production capacity of 200 units per shift (Jawa Motorcycles are currently working a single shift).
Sources have also stated that the company first aims to consistently deliver on quality, before ramping up its production numbers. Anupam Thareja, Co-Founder, Classic Legends stated, "The company will soon send out a communication, directly informing every customer about their delivery timeline. We will work on ramping up our production to reduce the waiting period, but the quality is paramount for us and we request patience and understanding from Jawa fans. The wait, we promise, will be worth it."
Both the Jawa and Jawa 42 comes powered by the same 293cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 27bhp and 28Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed transmission.
Both Jawa motorcycles stay true to the authentic design of the original motorcycles from the brand, offering a retro-classic look. Jawa recently also became the most searched two-wheeler on Google for 2018.
Thoughts On Jawa Motorcycles Sales In India
Jawa Motorcycles have been launched in the market recently. However, with an overwhelming response, both motorcycles have already managed to have a waiting period of over nine months. In India, the Jawa Motorcycles directly rival the likes of the Royal Enfield Classic 350 models.