- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 9 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 9 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Jawa Motorcycles has warned its enthusiasts of imposters trying to offer dealership licenses in exchange for money. A poster uploaded by Jawa Motorcycles on all its social media channels asked people to stay away from the scam of fake dealership licenses. This news comes amidst huge demand for the motorcycle launched by the company last year.
It was in November 2018 that Jawa motorcycles launched the Jawa and Jawa 42 bikes in India. Ever since the launch, demand for the two motorcycles has been high and thousands of loyalists booked their bikes.
In-fact, the demand was so high that the waiting period for the motorcycles stretched up to a period of 6-8 months. Despite this, thousands of customers were ready to wait for their motorcycles.
Alongside ramping up production of the motorcycles, Jawa also kept increasing the number of dealerships across the country. Within four months of its launch, Jawa Motorcycles touched the 100 dealerships mark and Jawa had no intentions of slowing down.
Enthusiasts and potential dealers knew that Jawa was looking to expand its dealership network and so did mischief mongers. The post on Jawa Motorcycles' social pages read, "Jawa Motorcycles urges you to be aware of fraudulent practices from people claiming to be Classic Legend Pvt. Ltd. representatives and offering them dealerships in exchange of money."
This only means that Jawa has come across people indulging in fraudulent activities, trying to offer dealerships in exchange for money. However, no such case has come to the light of media, yet. Jawa clarified that, the only way to apply for a dealership is to visit www.jawamotorcycles.com/become-a-dealer.
Further, the company asked its supporters and enthusiasts to notify them via email if any such activities are noticed.
Thoughts On Jawa Dealership License Scam Warning Put Out By Jawa Motorcycles
This is probably the first time a major motorcycle manufacturer has come up with a public word of caution to avoid such scams in India. In a country like India, it is easy to scam people who are in need of something that is already in demand, which in this case is, a Jawa Motorcycles dealership.
The company had previously specified that a dealer will have to meet certain criteria, and only then would the license be handed over. Some might want to skip the criteria check and take the easy way out and get a license by paying some money. Some others make use of the situation and make money through fraudulent methods.