- 19 min ago Renault To Stop Small Capacity Diesel Engines — Upgrade To BS-VI Too Costly
- 1 hr ago 2019 Mahindra Mojo ABS Images & Details Leaked Ahead Of Its Launch
- 17 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 18 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- Technology Asteroid Warning: Space Rock On ESA's Risk List To Hit Earth In September
- Finance Centre Proposes Exemption Of Electric Vehicles From Registration
- Movies Kabir Singh FIRST MOVIE REVIEW Is Out; Did Shahid Kapoor Pass The Litmus Test?
- News India refutes Pak media reports of Modi agreeing for peaceful talks
- Lifestyle The Connection Between Ayurveda And Yoga Explained!
- Sports UFC Fight Night 154: Moicano vs. Korean Zombie fight card and schedule
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Jawa Motorcycles which re-launched the iconic brand in the Indian market five months ago, have finally started deliveries of their two motorcycle offerings: Jawa and Jawa forty two. Anupam Thareja, Co-Founder, Classic Legends announced the start of Jawa bike deliveries through a tweet.
And this gorgeous is yours with love! Congratulations and ride safe Virender Singh. Our first 100 bikes will be delivered by ex Defence Personnel like this first one by Col. LK Anand (Retd). Salute!@jawamotorcycles #SaturdayMotivation #SaturdayMorning pic.twitter.com/l8a9phoICm— Anupam Thareja (@reach_anupam) March 30, 2019
The first Jawa motorcycle was delivered to Virender Singh in Indore. The motorcycle was handed over to him by ex-defence personnel Col. LK Anand (Retd.). Also according to the tweet by Thareja, Retd. Col. Anand will be handing over the motorcycles to Jawa's first 100 customers as well.
Image Source: Jawa Motorcycles Indore
Jawa Motorcycles launched two motorcycles in the Indian market, back in November 2018. The Jawa and the Jawa 42 are priced at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Both Jawa motorcycles received a huge demand in the Indian market, days into its launch. The demand was so huge, that Jawa soon announced that bookings for both motorcycles were closed until September 2019.
Both Jawa Motorcycles are powered by the same 293cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 27bhp and 28Nm of torque mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Jawa recently also auctioned off 13 special 'Signature Edition' Jawa motorcycles; the amount for which would be donated to the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund. At the auction, the 13 Jawa motorcycles raised an amount of Rs 1.43 crore, with the Chassis no 001 itself selling at Rs 45 lakhs.
Jawa is also said to be planning to introduce another bobber-style motorcycle in the Indian market, Jawa Perak. The Perak was showcased alongside the launch of the Jawa and Jawa 42 motorcycles and will feature a slightly more powerful engine, compared to the two on sale.
Thoughts On The Jawa Motorcycle Deliveries In India
Jawa Motorcycles have finally started deliveries of the Jawa and Jawa 42 motorcycles in the Indian market. There has been much anticipation towards the motorcycles in India, especially among owners of the original models. The Jawa and Jawa 42 rival the likes of the Royal Enfield 350 Bullet and Classic series in the Indian market.