- 7 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 8 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Jawa Motorcycles which re-launched the iconic brand in the Indian market five months ago, have finally started deliveries of their two motorcycle offerings: Jawa and Jawa forty two. Anupam Thareja, Co-Founder, Classic Legends announced the start of Jawa bike deliveries through a tweet.
And this gorgeous is yours with love! Congratulations and ride safe Virender Singh. Our first 100 bikes will be delivered by ex Defence Personnel like this first one by Col. LK Anand (Retd). Salute!@jawamotorcycles #SaturdayMotivation #SaturdayMorning pic.twitter.com/l8a9phoICm— Anupam Thareja (@reach_anupam) March 30, 2019
The first Jawa motorcycle was delivered to Virender Singh in Indore. The motorcycle was handed over to him by ex-defence personnel Col. LK Anand (Retd.). Also according to the tweet by Thareja, Retd. Col. Anand will be handing over the motorcycles to Jawa's first 100 customers as well.
Image Source: Jawa Motorcycles Indore
Jawa Motorcycles launched two motorcycles in the Indian market, back in November 2018. The Jawa and the Jawa 42 are priced at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Both Jawa motorcycles received a huge demand in the Indian market, days into its launch. The demand was so huge, that Jawa soon announced that bookings for both motorcycles were closed until September 2019.
Both Jawa Motorcycles are powered by the same 293cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 27bhp and 28Nm of torque mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Jawa recently also auctioned off 13 special 'Signature Edition' Jawa motorcycles; the amount for which would be donated to the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund. At the auction, the 13 Jawa motorcycles raised an amount of Rs 1.43 crore, with the Chassis no 001 itself selling at Rs 45 lakhs.
Jawa is also said to be planning to introduce another bobber-style motorcycle in the Indian market, Jawa Perak. The Perak was showcased alongside the launch of the Jawa and Jawa 42 motorcycles and will feature a slightly more powerful engine, compared to the two on sale.
Thoughts On The Jawa Motorcycle Deliveries In India
Jawa Motorcycles have finally started deliveries of the Jawa and Jawa 42 motorcycles in the Indian market. There has been much anticipation towards the motorcycles in India, especially among owners of the original models. The Jawa and Jawa 42 rival the likes of the Royal Enfield 350 Bullet and Classic series in the Indian market.