- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Jawa Motorcycles re-entered the Indian market in November 2018, with the launch of two new motorcycles: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two. The two new motorcycles received a huge demand in the market, with Jawa confirming that bookings for both their offerings would be stopped till September 2019.
Last week, Jawa Motorcycles officially begun deliveries of the Jawa and Jawa 42 offerings, with the first customer taking delivery in Indore. Now, Jawa has officially tweeted out the official mileage figures for both its offerings in the Indian market. According to Jawa, both motorcycles will return an ARAI-Certified mileage of 37.5km/l. This is a little more than the Mahindra Mojo, which returns 35km/l.
The Jawa and Jawa 42 are priced at both Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). This is for the single-channel ABS models. Jawa also offers both the motorcycles with dual-channel ABS as well, which are priced at a slight premium. The Jawa and Jawa forty two with dual-channel ABS come priced at Rs 1.72 lakh and Rs 1.63 lakh, respectively. Again, prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Both motorcycles are produced in their Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh and are available on sale in 95 showroom across 77 cities. Jawa is also said to be working on the launch of their third product, the bobber-style Perak, which was showcased alongside the Jawa and Jawa 42 during their launch in November.
Both the Jawa and Jawa 42 motorcycles are powered by the same 293cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine producing 27bhp and 28Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a constant-mesh six-speed gearbox. Its is the same engine seen on the Mahindra Mojo, but has been tuned differently to provide better low-end torque while also producing a distinct exhaust note, reminiscent of the original Jawa models.
Thoughts On The Official Jawa Motorcycle Mileage Figures
Jawa Motorcycles received a massive demand for their motorcycles immediately after its re-entry into the Indian market. Jawa hopes to continue this demand, with its upcoming Perak model as well. Both the Jawa and Jawa 42 motorcycles rival the likes of the Royal Enfield Classic range in the Indian market.